toblix

Flashback Origins

I hope it's just an HD remake, sequels to "retro" games that haven't had a game in ages tend to have "retro-hardcore-goggles"... Expect at least one bullet hell boss. :|

They could just add a bullet hell boss even if it is just an HD remake...

I'm excited to hear more actual details about the project, but fear it'll just be a meticulous recreation in a modern 3D engine, with almost no changes except for the obligatory concessions to modern gamer sensibilities (like a sweet VR tutorial section!)

Yikes, I was going to say that Flashback still looks fine but then I pulled up a screenshot of it.

To be honest I'd rather have an HD 2D remake than a 3D one.

I hope it's just an HD remake, sequels to "retro" games that haven't had a game in ages tend to have "retro-hardcore-goggles"... Expect at least one bullet hell boss. :|

They could just add a bullet hell boss even if it is just an HD remake...

XCOM was okay.

Remake? Why not a reboot? I hear reboots are all the craze these days

I'm excited to hear more actual details about the project, but fear it'll just be a meticulous recreation in a modern 3D engine, with almost no changes except for the obligatory concessions to modern gamer sensibilities (like a sweet VR tutorial section!)

Feel exactly the same way.

I remember one very specific detail about the original ... that my brother and I got stuck at a door and were never able to advance. 2 Days later it went back to the video rental place, creating one of my earliest memories of failure... perhaps this is my chance for redemption?

Now i finally understand why they named it flashback.