Ben X

Netflix/LoveFilm UK trials (and tribulations)

This is a very specific 'help me' thread, but does anyone here stream Netflix or LoveFilm through their telly in the UK? I really want to pay someone for this sort of service but both seem designed to scare people away.

Apologies, I was a bit drunk when I posted that. With more sober googling, it seems that neither is on Panasonic tellies yet, but I can't get the LF app working on my Blu-Ray player either. I feel like Erkki right now, trying to give people money but not being allowed to.

EDIT: OKAY, I have managed to link my Sony account with my LoveFILM account (I reactivated and instead of restarting my trial it just signed me up), so hopefully I can get this going via my BR player now. And hopefully if it all sucks, I can cancel easily (I hear horror stories about them ignoring cancellations etc).

LoveFILM winds me up a bit because you can only cancel via the phone. I hate companies that do that because my laziness usually results in me paying for many more months than I should. When I did summon up the energy to bother, they offered me six free months and then I fell straight back into the same trap.

True story: I've had a LoveFILM account that I've paid for but not used in about 1.5 years. I am a dick.

Six months for free you say.... Hmm

Why havent you been using your love film subscription, think of it you could be renting and watching milk money right now!

Just not enough time to get through films. I still have like 10 in my Sky box that've been sat recorded for months on end — yet I continue recording and buying more, plus receiving some as presents! It's the film equivalent of my shelf o' games.