Sign in to follow this  
Gwardinen

A Game of Dwarves

Anyone played a Game of Dwarves? I'm sort of tempted by it since I've been waiting for a spiritual sequel to Dungeon Keeper that's worthy of the title, but the coverage I've seen has been mixed. Help me, Thumbs, you're my only hope!

It's a dull, confused attempt at taking the good bits of DK and making a new game. Except they've failed because it has no charm, the interface, while not offensive, is not great, the graphics are a bit lifeless and the game just isn't that fun to play. Wait for Impire.

I will note that it doesn't actually have any mechanical deficiencies. The mechanics are all well thought out and balanced, it's just not any fun.

Some screenshots provided by the creative community:

screen_1.png

screen_2.png

screen_3.png

screen_4.png

screen_5.png

More can be found at: http://steamcommunity.com/app/200370/screenshots

Allow me to quote some of the players: “Played non stop since I got home from college, Can’t wait to play more tomorrow! Amazing game, thanks for making it!”, ”Just wanted to tell the devs how much I appreciate the amount of love they’ve put into this jewel of a game.” or the more modest “Thank you for a great game.” .

Building cool stuff unfortunately doesn't make the game fun to play in the meantime. Which really sucks, because damnit DK2 still doesn't work on W7.

Building cool stuff unfortunately doesn't make the game fun to play in the meantime. Which really sucks, because damnit DK2 still doesn't work on W7.

I believe it's on GoG. I haven't tried that version myself, but my understanding is one of the things that's required before a game goes up on GoG is that it runs on Windows 7.

I have that version, it didn't for the longest time. Apparently they recently patched the Hardware Accel. problem it had on W7 but I hadn't heard about it, so I'll have to try it again.

Orv, you may want to do some trouble shooting because Dungeon Keeper 2 most certainly works in Win 7 in a compatibility mode.