Liveware

Zombies...

I’m looking for good books that feature Zombies as a central concept, as in surviving the zombie apocalypse (not zombies as characters). One thing to note is that I have read Charlie Brook’s “World War Z” and really enjoyed it, now I’m trying to find other books on a similar theme that are worth reading. Any recommendations?

51fE3vjLWKL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Was that actually any good as a book though? (rather than just being funny as a twist on the original story?

Marvel Zombies? The Walking dead?

Yeah I'm reading through the walking dead at the moment, I was thinking more of novels. The walking dead is very good though.

Well, I liked the illustrations, but haven't read more than a dozen pages. I doubt it's very good.

okay, maybe "very good" was an exaggeration. Its an enjoyable, well drawn zombie themed comic.

Oh, it's not a comic, it's a book with a few illustrations.

EDIT: Oh, jesus.

I'm talking about that book and only that book in this thread.

Charlie Brook’s “World War Z”

Did you enjoy Ron Gilbert's The Blackwell Legacy?

P&P&Z was shit, he just copy-pasted out P&P and stuck a sentence or two about zombies at the end of each chapter. It wasn't inventive at all.

Did you enjoy Ron Gilbert's The Blackwell Legacy?

P&P&Z was shit, he just copy-pasted out P&P and stuck a sentence or two about zombies at the end of each chapter. It wasn't inventive at all.

Okay, that sucks about p&p&z.

No I haven't played it but will now :D

No I haven't played it but will now :D

Nooo, it's utterly zombie-less! That was a joke because you called him Charlie Brook, a compound of Max Brook and Charlie Brooker, presumably. People often get Ron and Dave Gilbert mixed up (and one particular person on these forums does it on purpose) because they're both well-known adventure game designers.

oops fail by myself forgetting the authors name. Ah okay, yeah I saw you'd put "Ron Gilbert" but wasn't going to say anything, I knew who you meant :P

You could try The Rising by Brian Keene, and it's follow-up City of the Dead. They're both regarded favourably as far as I'm aware.