Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Idle Thumbs pre-recorded live stream thing

@IdleThumbs says:

Check http://twitch.tv/idlethumbs in an hour-ish as we attempt an experiment: streaming the latest already-recorded episode we're about to release

I'm not sure exactly what this means, but if it sounds interesting, it should start in about half an hour from now.

Apparently they're trying out a new thing whereby they stream the pre-recorded podcast and are present on the chat to comment on it. I just left since I'd rather hear it as a separate thing, and also the 5cm² comment field is just a torrent of people shouting idle puns, but at least it was fun hearing them struggle with live streaming, which turns out to be an impossible black art.

I sort of hope they don't start doing this as a regular thing, since you have to be there to experience it (there's no recording of the chat) and the chat is too chaotic, but that's only me not wanting to miss anything ever.

The twitch.tv page seems to have recordings of the loops, so that's good news. I hope Idle Loops becomes a regular feature of the podcast.

Sorry this began as such a disaster! I think it turned out pretty well after that garbage was fixed.

The chat wasn't recorded in any way, right? Could you tell us a little about how it went down, and whether it was a success?

The chat wasn't recorded in any way, right? Could you tell us a little about how it went down, and whether it was a success?

The chat's not recorded by Twitch, which is a bummer. There were about 100 people watching, and the chat is about what you'd expect which is a mess of memes and some actual Q&A about the stuff we talked about. If we do these more regularly in the future, one thing we had talked about was doing a realtime reader mail at the break or the end or somewhere in there, so there would be unique content from them (which would be archived on the Twitch site). Right now it's just an experiment though.

http://pastebin.com/VsZPEp7Y - Thanks to Twitch letting you use IRC to access chat, a friend made a log of it during the stream. Like Jake said, it's the kind of chat you'd expect from something like this, but it was still pretty fun.