Sign in to follow this  
vimes

Another reason to cry : Mafia 2 Cancelled.

So, it seems that there has been a urban war[aka 'internal dispute'] going on over the past two months at Illusion Softworks opposing the dev team working on the sequel to the classy GTA like set in the '20s and the guys realizing another Hidden & Dangerous.

Needless to say, the marine-fans from the second team had a technological advantage and they recently captured the main programmer Daniel Vavra, causing the geniouses behind Mafia 2 to surrender.

Petr Vochozka, founder of Illusion Softworks, has declared, while being beaten by the guys that got him

It is a shame that the game won't be finished anytime soon. I know we have lots of fans who were looking forward to seeing the new game, but I.S. has lots of other excellent games in the works, and I know we'll continue to build a strong fan-base

Source : GamersHell

Fucking hell... :tdown:

Mafia was much better than that damn Hidden&Dangerous franchise!

Well I hope they still continue the project someday in the future, because it doesn't say cancelled, but indefinitively postponed.

Whats Mafia got to do with Halo?

Yes, a sick and twisted world where some games that I like get cancelled (while others don't), and some games I dislike don't get cancelled (while others do!)! Arrgh!! Damn this existence!!!!!