Tanukitsune

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm almost happy my PC died.

The other I was playing Arkam City on my PC and getting close to the end when my PC died.

Since it should be under warranty, I could get just get it fixed, but it could take weeks!

Right now I'm on a very old laptop, it's a clunker and chugs if you have more than one tab open, the idea of having this as a substitute seemed like a nightmare!

But then I remembered the old adventure gamer stereotype... Adventure games can run on almost anything! And I have an INDECENT number of old adventure games!

GUYS! I've only played Grim Fandango ONCE! OH GOD! TOONSTRUCK! The Last Express! Neverhood! *incoherently babbles and mumbles for 50 minutes straight*

What's the point of this post anyway? I dunno, I'm off to make some honey cat staches! :deranged:

I can relate to changing circumstances revealing sweet gaming experiences. For example, when I'm at a LAN party, I can play scary stuff like Lone Survivor and Amnesia.

You know what's even more awesome that a broken PC? Broken TFT screens so that you will have to use your ancient 15" CRT. Then you'll be able to enjoy the graphic quality of the 15+ yrd old games.

If you want to remain in your glorious state of existence indefinitely, just send your PC to be repaired, but have them return it to my address instead of yours. I could really do with a computer that can run Dwarf Fortress better than my laptop.

If you want to remain in your glorious state of existence indefinitely, just send your PC to be repaired, but have them return it to my address instead of yours. I could really do with a computer that can run Dwarf Fortress better than my laptop.

Face it, at this rate, in three years, only supercomputers will be able to run Dwarf Fortress over 50 pop.

Old computers...

I am running a seven year old PC.

I built this system to play FEAR.

Old computers...

Did it even play FEAR well? What a terrible game.

Hey now, i really like Fear, and this rig ran it just fine. It was quite a powerful PC for the time.

You know what's even more awesome that a broken PC? Broken TFT screens so that you will have to use your ancient 15" CRT. Then you'll be able to enjoy the graphic quality of the 15+ yrd old games.

Woah, who even has the space to keep a spare CRT? I have an older flat monitor though.

Old computers...

I'm not even sure this laptop could run Half-Life! :mock:

Well, I just found out that the PC is not actually in warranty and that the power supply actually works... Damn!

I can relate, Tanu! :tup: Since my Xbox 360 died I've spent more time on other machines playing games I might not have touched otherwise. Such as Torchlight, which turned out to be a really nice game to help me over to D3.

That reminds me, I have something to say about Torchlight for the other topic.

I've had that happen. I got an ancient loaner laptop, played XCOM and Brood war on it, and it was glorious. Also got some use out of my 360 and PS3.

I think I played a bit of Diablo when my PC died the last time.

Just how often do you give yourself time to replay a classic? I sometimes replay DoTT or MK 1, but I think from now on I should replay more classics, even if it's a random one.

My current PC was built around when Crysis came out and could run it respectably but not super well. Since, I have upgraded the video card once and it seems to be holding up pretty damn well otherwise. Tech is changing slower than I remember it changing when I was younger...

When I stay with my parents I take a very low end 5 year-old laptop and often end up playing something old on it. Most recently: Stronghold! First RTS I've played in a long long time. It also runs Deus Ex quite well.