Sign in to follow this  
BigJKO

Turn-Based Mobile Strategy

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone's playing Strategery on iPhone. At some point they added asynchronous multiplayer, and I wanted to see if any thumbs are as excited as I am to play it. :shifty:

Also, any other recommendations for mobile asynchronous strategy games are welcome in the thread!

I was wondering if anyone's playing Strategery on iPhone. At some point they added asynchronous multiplayer, and I wanted to see if any thumbs are as excited as I am to play it. :shifty:

Also, any other recommendations for mobile asynchronous strategy games are welcome in the thread!

I bought it a while ago. I found it quite repetitive in my experience and the perception of strategy appeared to be something of an illusion; once a player started to get the upper hand in a game, their victory seemed pretty much assured.

Could just be the people I played against though, and I'm happy to play some games with you if you wanted--my player name's the same as here. :)

I've yet to find other good asynchronous turn-based multiplayer games though. I'm disappointed that quite a few great games only seem to support local play (like SpellTower, which is ace).

Edited by Wrestlevania
"Blah blah blah - get to the point, man!"

I thought Hero Academy and Carcassonne were good, but I always get so quickly burned out on the more complex mobile games. The only games I've stayed with are Words with Friends Wordfeud and Draw Something. If it requires me to have a different, overarching strategy for each game I probably won't play it for long.

Yeah, my name is the same as here, as well.

And I kind of agree, it seems at a glance pretty shallow. Maybe it'll change. I think, if you start a larger map maybe there's more strategy involved.

Hey,

I haven't played Strategery in a while.. I'm AteBitGeneral on game center.

This sounds like it might have some potential:

The idea behind Pocket Heroes is to let players around the world build up a party online and play through an RPG-style game, taking turns asynchronously.

For simplicity’s sake it’s been described as Dungeons & Dragons meets Words With Friends, which sounds like an exciting proposition.

More info over on TouchArcade.

I think that price point might severely limit it's player base.

My Strategery games with Wrestlevania and AteBit have confirmed that 2-player land grab make for very one-sided games.

I'm in the middle of a "full map at start" game with AteBit, and here's hoping it's a bit more interesting.

Also, new game coming soon: Rad Soldiers from the guys behind Brink. It's basically X-Com with Friends. Looks nice.

Looks like turn based TF2 to me, but i still approve!