riadsala

Blood Bowl Cup of Tea: Unofficial TMA League

Hello,

I run a (very) laid back blood bowl league. And as Troy and Rob both joined in for the previous season, I guess that makes it the unofficial TMA league (although most of the existing players from the Guardian's Gamesblog)

There will be a few openings for new coaches as we go into Season 4. I'm not sure exactly how many, as I first have to confirm all the existing teams, and then work out how many new spaces to add (the game is a little fussy about such things). At the moment we are three divisions of six teams.

Rules:

We usually play a round every month, sometimes more, sometimes less. There's no fixed schedule. But if you do join in, please try and get your matches played, rather than drop out half way through..

New teams generally start in the bottom division, and work their way up, with promotions and relegations at the end of every season. Although, as players sometimes dropout at the end of a season, these are never as neat as I'd like.

2minutes per turn - so take around an hour.

No more than two teams per race: I played in another league and it was filled with orcs, chaos and dwarves. Which made it pretty boring. So I've introduced this rule to make sure that a wider selection of races are used. Yes, I know that some races are more powerful than others, but the division/league structure means that the stronger races (and coaches) will end up in the higher divisions, so it should all balance itself over time.

please post below if you're interested. I should note: we're using the latest Cyanide version of the game

I'd be interested in playing. I bought Bloodbowl LE after the TMA episode with The Abner, though in all the time since I've barely played it. Despite the discussion about how bad/broken the AI in the game is, I am terrible and have lost to it in each of the very few games I've played. Perhaps this will motivate me to try the game again and spend the time to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

My one foray into learning to play BB:LE was a horrendous failure. But if I can manage in the next couple days to understand what's going on I'd certainly be in for this. You wouldn't happen to know of a decent tutorial/video series? The in-game tutorial just doesn't do much.

Also apparently they're making Dungeonbowl now, and I hope to death they'll have traps and stuff in it because Dead Ball was the best book in the Blood Bowl series. So I need to learn to play. :yep:

E: Hey Baron, add me on Steam, we can suck at each other if you're interested. My info is in the networking thread somewhere.

Can Tabacco or Dave Eggers move this to the Multiplayer Networking forum?

http://bbtactics.com/ will give you a good overview of the core tactics

I'd rather this thread wasn't moved over to the general multiplayer networking forum, as I only have a few spaces to fill. I thought offering them to "fans of the show" would be nice, as Rob and Troy are both currently in the league (although I don't know if they plan to carry on in Season 4 yet).

http://bbtactics.com/ will give you a good overview of the core tactics

Once more into the rabbit hole my friends... jeeze. Thanks for this. I'll get back to you with whether I want to participate by Saturday evening.

I would really like to be involved in this but the BB:LE price is still just so high every time I see it somewhere. Does anyone know of a relatively cheap place to find it? It's super hard to justify paying £30 for it when Fumbbl exists and is free.

I would like to be in on this...although I suspect time zones might be an issue for me, being based in the UK, I can probably play matches up till midnight MOST evenings (that's 7pm EST, 2PM PST), bit later on weekends maybe. If you think I could still participate I would happily join!

The league is mainly UK based :)

And, BB LE is often dirt cheap in Steam Sales and whatnot. So just keep your eye out. I prefer FUMBBL myself, but I seem to be in the minority.

I'm thinking of running tiny divisions of 4 this season, so it should be fairly short, depending on how quickly we get our games played.

Due to a couple of teams dropping out, the only races that are currently excluded are Lizardmen and Amazons.

I think I'll be running divisions of 4 this season, so it should be pretty short. If there's enough interest, I can set up two "feeder divisions" (of 4 each) for new coaches and teams.

The league is mainly UK based :)

That's awesome news. In which case I am in, probably with Dark Elves. New teams only or can I use teams that have been in previous leagues?

Due to a couple of teams dropping out, the only races that are currently excluded are Lizardmen and Amazons.

I think I'll be running divisions of 4 this season, so it should be pretty short. If there's enough interest, I can set up two "feeder divisions" (of 4 each) for new coaches and teams.

Sounds like almost all of the Thumbs that are interested are relatively new, so a newbie division or two would probably be advantageous Though it might mean we were just fighting against ourselves for a season or two, rather than the rest of the people.

That's awesome news. In which case I am in, probably with Dark Elves. New teams only or can I use teams that have been in previous leagues?

new teams only please. And then the idea is to play the same team from one season to the next, rising and falling as nuffle see's fit.

I've marked Orvidos and Destrin down. If anybody else wants to confirm, please post below. :)

I think there are 3 slots left.

And it's now full.

@The Last Baron - I put you down in a slot, so could you please confirm soon?

Question: I'll be running two parallel divisions of brand new coaches. Would you prefer me to randomly assign the teams, or to try and put people from here together in the same division?

Question: I'll be running two parallel divisions of brand new coaches. Would you prefer me to randomly assign the teams, or to try and put people from here together in the same division?

Would be nice to be in the same division as people here so we can smacktalk appropriately between matches :)

If Baron cues in, then I would be fine with a Thumbs division or what have you. If it's just me and Destrin then it probably wouldn't hurt to randomize. But whatever happens is fine with me, if Destrin wants a Thumbs division I have no objections.

Consider me confirmed. Also I'm adding you on steam Orvidos, playing against someone who won't judge me for being as incredibly terrible as I am sounds lovely.

If you get any drop outs I'd be interested in giving it a go.

I've been putting a new lick of paint to my team of pointy eared tree huggers recently, and giving their digital equivalent a run around would probably be a great way to blow some of the cobwebs out of my brain.

ok people, here is the league for Season 4 of my Blood Bowl Cup of Tea:

https://sites.google.com/site/bloodbowlcupofteacup/home-1/season4divisions

Please let me know which race you'd like to go, it'll be on a first come, first served basis. I'm hoping somebody will go Goblins or Ogres :) [When I eventually give up with my crippled skaven team, I think I'll go one of the weaker races, they should be fun in the lower divisions]

Riad

I'll have my race for you by this time Sunday, I think. I've played most of the ones I'm interested in tonight, and eliminated a few. Ogres are just terrible, for instance.

Oh, also, since I assume we're allowed to carry teams from season to season, what are the season lengths? A month?

Edited by Orvidos

Yes, ogres are terrible.. although they are almost worth it for that one game where they work as an effective force and demolish the other team :)

A season takes as long as it takes. I'd guess around two months is realistic: some folk can only play at weekends, and might be away/busy with family, etc.

Keep an eye on the link I posted above and I'll fill in the other team selections as we go.

ok people, here is the league for Season 4 of my Blood Bowl Cup of Tea:

https://sites.google.com/site/bloodbowlcupofteacup/home-1/season4divisions

Please let me know which race you'd like to go, it'll be on a first come, first served basis. I'm hoping somebody will go Goblins or Ogres :) [When I eventually give up with my crippled skaven team, I think I'll go one of the weaker races, they should be fun in the lower divisions]

Ah, didn't realise you weren't allowing two players to play the same team! Never mind, I'll take the Wood Elves (look to still be available at the moment!)