Sign in to follow this  
Erkki

Dead State

I had either missed this originally or completely forgotten about it, until RPS put it near the very top of their Exciting Games of 2012 list

Dead State is a zombie survival RPG and sounds awesome! The first zombie game I'm really looking forward to. In it, you are the leader of a group of survivors, so there will be politicking and such. Your group lives in a school turned into shelter, but you will have to leave it often and go hunting for resources. There are no defined enemy characters (besides the zombies) -- who end up as allies or enemies is pretty much up to you and the character AI.

I don't think we've really seen an RPG like this. Maybe some aspects of King of Dragon Pass is the closest I can think of. Jagged Alliance was mentioned in the interview, but I haven't played that (yet).

I'm interested - although it has been in the pipeline for a good long while, now, so whether it will come out in 2012 I am not sure...

Brian Mitsoda provided the writing for Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlnes, which was by some distance the best thing about that game. If he can turn that expertise into a dialogue-driven zombie group management/RPG thing, I am _so_ there.

I'll be interested to see how the chips fall between this and Project Zomboid.

I'll be interested to see how the chips fall between this and Project Zomboid.

I had forgotten about Project Zomboid. Is it alpha funding like Minecraft? Seems already available, but not quite finished?