Sign in to follow this  
Denial

GDC Europe - is anybody in?

I'm sort of accidentally at GDC Europe - happened to be in Cologne, seemed like a giggle. Is anyone around? I can offer coffee and some really keen sausage stew. No, really. I love Germany so much.

I was set to go, but then I lacked the funds for the hotel (two nights), and decided just to attend Gamescom on Wednesday. No sausage stew for me, please!

I'm sort of accidentally at GDC Europe - happened to be in Cologne, seemed like a giggle.
Then it would seem that our reasons are very similar! But may have seen this too late, and am leaving on Wednesday afternoon. Boo.

Gamescom was so good! I was therefor two days, played a new build of Diablo 3, played the new Mass Effect, saw Skyrim, played Rayman Origins, Deus Ex, Dance Central 2 (DO NOT KNOCK DANCE CENTRAL)... all great.

I just realized this will probably be available in my GDC vault thing. There were talks and stuff, right?

Gamescom was so good! I was therefor two days...

Oh man, Gamescom was so awesome that it transformed you into 48 hours!

Sorry. Typos make me laugh. It does sound like a rad time. How was Rayman?

Haha, I'm absolutely keeping it that way. I am therefor two days! :tup:

Rayman Origins was great fun. It had a modest presence: about four monitors in the corner of the Ubi stand, completely dwarfed by Assassin's Creed. There were no lines. But because of that, there was a real good vibe there. I started playing with a friend and before long one of the attendants picked up a controller and played along. Just as it was with Ancel's E3 presentation, everyone was having a good time. It's impossible not to with this game.