Sign in to follow this  
Lu 

Windows says welcome, then promptly shits self

welcomebackw.jpg

Oh hai. Anyone know WHY this happened and if I can fix it without having to do a reinstall of windows? That's Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

I did a system restore before I installed windows updates so I got it back to "normal", after I went back to said restore point. I have my desktop and settings back. However, the precursor to this problem is that it "forgot" about my favorites in the Windows Explorer and I am still unable to add new locations to that. So I think that if I reboot again OR install those updates again, the same thing will happen. SIGH. I really don't want to reinstall windows.

Doing that now. If you don't hear back from me within 2 hours, then my PC exploded and I am dead.

have you tried turning it off and on again?

My laptop started failing to start Windows over and over on Wednesday night. Going into my Bios settings, turns out that my hard drive had somehow forgotten it was partitioned. Given that I couldn't even start safe mode or look at anything OTHER than my bios settings, I just gave up after an hour or so and reinstalled Windows. Sucks, and now I have to re-download a lot of shit and find the drive that I backed up a bunch of stuff onto (still in a box from moving), but at least it's running again.

I am aliiiive!

Checkdisk did nothing though. That seems to be in order... Might just have to do a fresh reinstall. Blast. :frusty: