Snooglebum

Spam Talk: Split from Catherine Thread

It still seems "Persona-like", half the game seems to be normal life interaction and the other half seems to be dealing with a strange force that is running amok that only you know about.
Save 40-70% on Burberry! All the Sales, All in One Place.Burberry Online Wholesale,Cheap Burberry,Burberry Replica,discount Burberry fake Burberry sale Replica Clothing Bargain Prices. Smart Deals.Save on Cheapest Burberry!Buy Burberry and Burberry Online Burberry Men's, Women's & Kids' Apparel, Bags, Shoes & More at Saks

!!!

:edge::hitler: Mod Edit: I kept the spammy link in there, so my post had to be manually edited. Let us celebrate with dancing! :hitler::edge:

Edited by David

Guys, don't quote spambots, and if you do, please don't preserve the goddamn links. :tdown:

It feeds the Google beast, increasing their ratings, etc.

Damn you all :deranged:

Seriously. After having spent the last few years taking care of the SEO of a website, I'm genuinely interested to hear what's bad about quoting a spambot.

As long as you scrub the links the spam poetry can be appreciated. Having that shit sit around with links and all is not bad for anyone but google and google's users because it raises the profile of the sites linked for the keywords used. It is just annoying and it makes for good internet civics to kill the links.

Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if having a lot of spam links on a site causes the site to be shitlisted by google. Idle T has some really healthy google mojo, it would be a shame to waste.

Yeah, I get removing the links... but quoting them? If we were doing it all the time, but there's tons of fresh non-spammy content every day,

It's not so much just the quoting, but responding to spam at all that is less than productive for discussion. The thread is super off topic now, which should be a pretty big clue as to why this is frowned upon (by me, at least). It's fairly trivial for spambot accounts to be nuked and their posts to be wiped out, but giving the mod team the extra step of deleting/editing all the followups to the spam (by non-spammers) is a bit annoying, and I decided to have fun at Snoogle's expense. Reporting spam is much appreciated, however, and I try to respond to all the reports.

Edit: Splitting this out to a new thread.

Oops, sorry. I just find spambots to be the funniest thing ever, right after incorrect translations. I mean, Burberry Online's Burberry's Men's Burberry Discount Burberry! I'll stop quoting them though, if that attracts more. :P

It's not so much just the quoting, but responding to spam at all that is less than productive for discussion. The thread is super off topic now, which should be a pretty big clue as to why this is frowned upon (by me, at least). It's fairly trivial for spambot accounts to be nuked and their posts to be wiped out, but giving the mod team the extra step of deleting/editing all the followups to the spam (by non-spammers) is a bit annoying, and I decided to have fun at Snoogle's expense. Reporting spam is much appreciated, however, and I try to respond to all the reports.

Edit: Splitting this out to a new thread.

Bah. I don't think anyone minds... We're all friends here.

I'm not actually suggesting we do this, but another forum I belong to moves all spam messages to a hidden subforum that only regular users can view, allowing people to mock them at their leisure.

I'm not actually suggesting we do this, but another forum I belong to moves all spam messages to a hidden subforum that only regular users can view, allowing people to mock them at their leisure.

But we already have one of those... Oh, uh. I mean. Oops. Forget I said anything.