Jake

Irrational Behavior 8 (With Chris Remo, Shawn Elliott, Ken Levine)

irrational_behavior2.jpg

Does Irrational Games have a mission? Can there possibly be any methods to its well-documented madness? We’re ringing in the new year with an attempt to answer those questions, viewed through the lens of an employee who joined Irrational just four months ago. Discussions with studio members of all stripes–ranging from other relative newcomers all the way to co-founder Ken Levine–reveal that nothing is certain in the world of game development. And that’s just fine.

* Part 1: The Co-Founder – Ken Levine

* Part 2: Immigrants – Don Norbury, Jeff Seamster, Josh Davis, Murray Kraft

* Part 3: Gatekeepers – Bill Gardner, Shawn Robertson, Robert Tzong, Chris Kline

* Part 4: Natives – Alexx Kay, Nate Wells, Scott Sinclair, Shawn Robertson

Direct Download

Irrational Podcast feed

If only this could be more often - serious love for the show. I'd like to see Levine interview Chris in a future Interviews episode. The dynamic of that show usually would lend itself well to the two of them.

Shawn Elliott isn't actually in this...........except to say "and I'm Shawn Elliott." :tup::tup::tup::tup:

Yeah, it was like that in the last couple Irrational Interviews - why is that? Why not just chop his name out?

Yeah, it was like that in the last couple Irrational Interviews - why is that? Why not just chop his name out?

He'll still be handling some episodes; we'll be trading off in a fairly casual way. We figured it made sense to keep both of our names mentioned in every episode, regardless, for consistency's sake.

Shawn Elliott isn't actually in this...........except to say "and I'm Shawn Elliott." :tup::tup::tup::tup:

I posted the thread before listing to all of it. Owned.

Oh it does say produced by him at the end so he's mentioned two times. Yeah.

Also, good podcast.

I posted the thread before listing to all of it. Owned.

Oh it does say produced by him at the end so he's mentioned two times. Yeah.

Also, good podcast.

I heard Shawn's too busy trying to upload video of the recording of the last Irrational Behavior, that's why he hasn't been on the show since.

I heard Shawn's too busy trying to upload video of the recording of the last Irrational Behavior, that's why he hasn't been on the show since.

See, now I had heard Shawn was too busy restoring defunct joke web urls.

Also, I enjoyed the podcast immensely. It's a shame they only happen once a month.

That's interesting that Irrational now has two community managers? Not that I'm complaining about two of our favorite podcast personalities being gainfully, stably employed, but what kind of day to day duties do Chris and Shawn have that justifies employing them both? I'm aware community managers provide game assets for press stories and things like that, but what else do they do?

That's interesting that Irrational now has two community managers? Not that I'm complaining about two of our favorite podcast personalities being gainfully, stably employed, but what kind of day to day duties do Chris and Shawn have that justifies employing them both? I'm aware community managers provide game assets for press stories and things like that, but what else do they do?

Shawn isn't a community manager and never has been. As of several months ago, he became a designer, after spending a good amount of time during his first year and a half or so learning the design tools.

I laughed when I heard the story about the guy with the PhD, I'm kinda in a similar situation where I'm finishing it and I'd love to work in the game industry, but I'd never work for free... :eek:

Graduate degrees are often prevent you from getting jobs. People feel you're overqualified and don't even give you an interview.