Sign in to follow this  
Sombre

Golden Sun DS

So has anyone been playing this apart from me? I started it this morning, and I guess here are my initial impressions:

The game takes place 30 years after the first game, and it directly follows on. You play as the children (so far) of the first games protagonists, and it's your basic "Prepare to be adventurer" type fare. It's really good so far (3hrs~), however the game can be overly verbose at times with reaffirming your objectives or the history of the franchise. Despite this however, it's shaping up to be very cool. The sound design is top notch, it seems to be a lot of remixed tunes, and the graphics look lovely. Think Final Fantasy 4, with no voice acting.

The combat, one of the core concepts of why I loved the originals so much comes back in fine form. It plays exactly as you remember it, right down to the Djinii and Psyenergy, which is for better or worse, I guess. I was hoping in a way for there to be an ENTIRELY new cast of Djinii, but it appears to be the same stuff as before.

So is anyone else playing this? Any thoughts, or questions for me?

I've got to say I'm very excited about this title, but I just can't make myself get any more new games after the recent onslaught on consoles and my general apathy towards playing handheld games. Once I beat Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and maybe a DS game that's been on my backlog for a while, I'll give it a shot.

Just started playing this game... it's fairly similar to the GBA fare, but I think the dual-screen interface gives the art style and interface elements the room to stretch that they deserve. The beginning has a bit of unskippable tutorial which is kind of annoying, but I'm just happy revisiting this universe that I love.

Haven't played it, but I think various reviews have said it to be quite easy compared to the original two GBA Golden Sun games.