toblix

Broken Sword: Director's Cut

There will be a Broken Sword 2: DC after all.

And I just went today morning and bought the discounted Broken Sword 1-3 pack from GoG.

Well... the regular version of the second game is propably better anyway. I actually didn't even want the awful third game, but it was cheaper to get all three than just the first DC and the original second one. I do have the first and the second as boxed versions also.

My living room looks like crap like now as there are about 100 old cardboard game boxes piled up next to one of the walls.

Really awesome, GoG exclusively got the original Broken Sword game from Revolution and have added it to the bonus features behind the DC version if you've bought your copy from GoG.

http://www.gog.com/en/news/original_broken_sword_added_exclusively_to_gogs_director_s_cut_edition/0

I bought the trilogy they were selling during the sale last year in December and it was pretty cool when I went to check now and there it is, the original version of the game. Now I think I'll sell my boxed copies of BS1 and BS2. :tup:

Dang. I have it from Dotemu and it's crap. I stopped playing after the first scene because the added material is horrible. What a way to ruin the wonderful beginning of the actual game. I feel bad for people who've only had the chance to play this version.

Dang. I have it from Dotemu and it's crap. I stopped playing after the first scene because the added material is horrible. What a way to ruin the wonderful beginning of the actual game. I feel bad for people who've only had the chance to play this version.

It's not too bad, but I agree the original opening is better. It took me a while to warm to the pre-rendered animation of the new stuff, but really I just see it as being bonus for those who have played it lots before.

I hope Beneath A Steel Sky Remastered (or whatever they release) maintains the high quality of the original.

Edit: Looks like BASS:R and Broken Sword 2: Remastered are completely faithful to the originals... just with audio and graphical improvements. I wish they were available for the PC!

Edit edit: Christ! They had a special "BAFTA event" for BASS:R here in London in September. It was £5 to get in, with a free drink. I cannot imagine many people attended... although I would have if I'd known. I can't find any write-ups of the event or photos from it. What a bizarre evening!

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

Edit: Looks like BASS:R and Broken Sword 2: Remastered are completely faithful to the originals... just with audio and graphical improvements. I wish they were available for the PC!

I'm pretty sure these will turn up for PC at some point after the release. :)