Sign in to follow this  
ThunderPeel2001

Rock Band 3

It's a real guitar:

450px-Squier_Stratocaster_Pro_Controller_for_Rock_Band_3_%40_E3_Expo_2010.jpg

You can play it outside of RB3 as a normal electric guitar and stuff.

I am so torn on whether or not to get it, because I own the exact same guitar (Squier by Fender Strat, black) but this one is actually worse than mine, looks like it doesn't have any tone controls and only one pickup. Not sure if I want to pay $250+ (speculative price) for a "video game" guitar that I kind of already own. I am currently learning guitar so I think RB3 would be a great learning tool with pro mode, but the hardware would really be a step down for me.

I can't see myself getting one of those guitars, but I think it's rad as hell that they exist.

I am super excited for the midi-in box, though. I'll be able to hook up this baby:

keytarhotgirl300x399.png

(Bizarrely photoshopped woman not included.)

I was super psyched to hook up real guitar. I like Chris have no need for another guitar, let alone a Mexican Squire Strat, but I was prepared to buy it without a question.

Then I saw the set list, and my heart fell. There's like 2 songs that i'm mildly interested in playing.

Unless they spend the time retracking all their DLC with pro-guitar, I may have to take a pass on this game for a while.

I was super psyched to hook up real guitar. I like Chris have no need for another guitar, let alone a Mexican Squire Strat, but I was prepared to buy it without a question.

Then I saw the set list, and my heart fell. There's like 2 songs that i'm mildly interested in playing.

Unless they spend the time retracking all their DLC with pro-guitar, I may have to take a pass on this game for a while.

Squier guitars tend to be made in Asia. Current Stratocasters made in Mexico are branded as Fenders.

The only songs I'm interested in are:

Anthrax – Caught In A Mosh

The Bronx – False Alarm

The latter being a better song to play bass on and it's not one of the better Bronx songs. They really should have put "Shitty Future", "Six Days a Week" or "Stop the Bleeding" instead of it. It's cool to see a decent hardcore band supported straight out of the box. They are some pretty angry dudes.

A really cool idea to have that guitar, but I unfortunately am not willing at the moment to put in a lot of money for a guitar.

I was hoping something like this would happen with the Rock Band franchise and now it's really going the way of teaching people how to play the real guitar, while playing a video game. :tup:

Guess it's been a while since I payed attention to that, I remember they used to be made in Mexico when I was in high school.

I'm going to call Phish - "Llama" as the sleeper hit in this entire lineup. Phish songs are just so much fun to play on any instrument, and if you could get a bunch of people playing pro instruments for that it'd be epic.

But out of the rest of the songs, the ones I like aren't that interesting to play. I suppose that's why I never got into rockband in the first place though. I'm no fan of the keymashing Dragon Force trend in Guitar Hero, I still want a challenge and not be stuck playing really boring rhythm guitar because the vocals are popular.

Ooh. That's quite exciting. Finally this could be an excellent way of learning guitar. Wow.

As for the track list, I always find that it's the songs I know the least that I end up enjoying playing the most... so hopefully that'll be the same here.

Ooh. That's quite exciting. Finally this could be an excellent way of learning guitar. Wow.

As for the track list, I always find that it's the songs I know the least that I end up enjoying playing the most... so hopefully that'll be the same here.

Yeah, I currently am not familiar with most of the songs in RB3 so I'm not super excited for that part. But with RB2 it was the same way and I have been introduced to a ton of music that I may not have been otherwise, so hopefully RB3 will be the same.

I'm stoked that they put some Warren Zevon in there, as he's one of my favorite artists. Still, "Werewolves of London" is not the best choice. I can understand that it'll be a nice hand-holding song for the keyboard, but dang I wish they'd put something else in.