Patters

Couriers are fucking shit

So as a few of you already know, I have been having a really AWESOME time trying to get my PC to Essex from Manchester. It should have been collected on Friday the 11th yet wasn't collected until Wednesday gone. It wasn't even collected until I got the courier collected. Now I have it, from here I proceeded to open the case to check nothing was damaged and what did I see, THE MOTHERBOARD WAS LOOSE, and one of my hard drives was held in with only one screw. So today has been spent disassembling and reassembling my rig. Luckily everything is in working order, I think.

I really hate to think how it would have looked if that HDD became loose. UKmail, never use them.

Ouch >.<

Glad your PC seems to be okay. Couriers are indeed shit. DHL don't let you know about customs charges, pay them, deliver your goods, then drop a surprise invoice through your door a month later. Last time I had something delivered by them, there was a "mistake" that inflated the charges to roughly 2/3 the value of the goods.

DPD are an excellent courier firm though. Their tracking works well, updates nearly instantly, and on mornings there's going to be a delivery, you get a text with "reply '1' to rearrange for tomorrow, '2' for the next day" etc.

Ouch >.<

Glad your PC seems to be okay. Couriers are indeed shit. DHL don't let you know about customs charges, pay them, deliver your goods, then drop a surprise invoice through your door a month later. Last time I had something delivered by them, there was a "mistake" that inflated the charges to roughly 2/3 the value of the goods.

DPD are an excellent courier firm though. Their tracking works well, updates nearly instantly, and on mornings there's going to be a delivery, you get a text with "reply '1' to rearrange for tomorrow, '2' for the next day" etc.

I've had nothing but good deliveries from DHL a set of TF2 posters arrived in 2 days from Seattle, though I have never shipped anything which is above the £17ish limit pre tax.

DPD were the company were the company who the parts originally came through, they were decent enough, though it was at the time when the UK was covered in snow.

That's atrocious. What the hell are they doing to the packages? I hope you get everything in working order. By Sunday.

That's atrocious. What the hell are they doing to the packages? I hope you get everything in working order. By Sunday.

Yeah I hope he gets his pc back in time to drop out/crash/explode during Sunday's game.... :deranged::grin:

Yeah everything is working, luckily. Unlike a projector that my uncle sold (over £10,000 I think) one got broken in shipping then another was shipped from Italy to the same customer and again it arrived broken. Couriers are the worst kind of people.

Well, I could have told you to never ever let somebody else transport an assembled case. Casings are not designed to handle the stress of standard package transportation.

Harddrives aren't secured as tight as you'd think, a bunch of hard blows will loosen the screws or even rip the screw thread to pieces.

But yes, parcel services are often complete shit. It's actually amazing that we accept that we can't hold them accountable for damaging the goods.

Argh...

I hope the couriers that are going to deliver my new hardware next week are not shit.

Patters,mate... Howmuch did all that cost?I'd have done it for ya for less,and it would have been alot better taken care of!

:grin:

Patters,mate... Howmuch did all that cost?I'd have done it for ya for less,and it would have been alot better taken care of!

:grin:

Free

my uncle paid for it through his business.

I guess you got what you paid for. :grin:

Wooohoo... my new computer hardware arrived in the correct number of pieces. And it looks like everything works.

I got my new replacement hard drive from the shop.

I don't know was the first one the shop sent broken already when they sent it or because the courier/post office damaged it.

I see, I see. Quite. Well reasoned, chap. Good show.

99672monocle.jpg