Tanukitsune

I'm probably the only gamer with a "game limbo", but what do I do with it?

What on Earth is "game limbo" to me?

Games that don't exist to me, but are still there... it's not games I've given up on... it's game I've tried to get rid of and failed...:blink:

The thing is... I tried to sell these games so long ago my tastes have changed a little, or at least my tolerance is higher now...

So... help me out and read a list of games you've probably never heard of and say if I should give any of these another chance?:erm:

-Tachyon The Fringe: A Space combat game. I... hate this kind of game, but.... it has the voice of Bruce Campbell! :frusty:

-Excalibug: An RTS with bugs that seems pretty mediocre...

-UBIK: It's based on a Philip K. Dick novel, but.. it's a Cyro game! How can it be good?

-Project Nomads: I have no idea, the instructions are rather vague...

-BREED: Space Marines? EEEEW! DX

-Shadow Man: Hmm, I have no idea why I tried to sell this one... Probably because earlier games can be confusing and you get lost easily?

-Zool: It's a classic platformer... I have no idea why I tried to get rid of it? :erm:

-Zorro: It looks like Prince of Persia with Zorro with bad cutscenes?

-Guardian of Darkness: It's Cyro... once again... can it actually be playable?

-Grouch: Conan the Barbarian with a sense of humor?

-The Mummy: A Video game based on the cartoon based on the movie? EW!

-The One: The Tale of Imerion: A small press RPG that you probably haven't heard of?

-Dig Dug Deeper: Dig Dug remake

-Akimbo: It looks like mediocre small press platformer?

-Shivers and...

-Lighthouse: They are both Sierra adventure, so I guess I dumped them because of they have dead ends?

-Break Out and.... Tempest 2000, Lode Runner 2: Remakes that don't look that good...

-Alien Paranoia: Goofy alien needs to fix his ship? :erm:

-Gift: Isn't this game horrid?

-Zapper & Woody Woodpecker: Mediocre 3D platform games?

So... are any of these worth giving a second chance? Since I don't have a backlog it's the perfect time to give them a second chance... Although there is a big chance that most of them won't work with Vista.... :erm:

There are more on this "list", but they are either game I actually have played and don't think I should keep or games I have no idea why I own them since they are game I would never play...

I remember Shivers and Lighthouse being both boring and ugly Myst clones and that Zool was a really hard to win tie-in to Chupa Chips candy.

Out of those three, none caught my interest.

It was a looong time ago I played it, but I remember Tachyon being a worthwhile play. I never finished it and I can't decide if it was because I was younger and more impatient or because I didn't think the effort/satisifaction pay off was sufficiently great.

Probably the former if I was a betting man :D

As with Delta Force 2, I played the ever-loving hell out of the Tachyon demo. Multiplayer mind you, which, I believe, doesn't work anymore. But still, it's a not bad space game. Of course, any game in which you can cut your engines, spin and continue drifting (mmmm, newtony) and kill people chasing you, gets in my book fairly quickly.

Out of those I know Zool, Zorro, Lighthouse and Tachyon: The Fringe.

Tachyon I only remember because of Bruce Campbell being the main character's voice and face.

Zool is of course a classic platformer which I have never played on PC, I did play it a lot on Commodore Amiga.

I remember that someone *copied* this 2D Zorro game to me because of unknown reasons ages ago when copying games on floppies was "what everyone did". I never got the game running well as it crashed in the beginning, but I remember it ripping off a lot from Prince of Persia.

Lighthouse was crap, I've never liked that kind of Sierra adventures. I bought it as a Sierra Originals release in the 90's. I don't even remember did I complete it or not, but I did sell it for a few finnish marks back in the day.

So I should give Zool, Tachyon and Tempest another chance?

I tried Zool... It sounds horrible on PC! I'm serious debating whether to emulate the Amiga version or simply watch a longplay on YouTube....:blink:

I'm sorry to say that I have no valuable input at all, as I've never played any of those games, but the name Excalibug is hilarious.

I also think that your mummy game sounds so horrible conceptually that you should put it out of it's misery immediately.

OMG Lode Runner 2. I have an unusual need to play that game. I used to play hotseat Lode Runner with my friend when we were young. Then I randomly got a shareware version of the sequel, and could never find a retail release. It was before I had a credit card, so I never ended up playing past the first few levels.

Yeah it's tacky, but it's good.