Sign in to follow this  
HPopper

Civilization IV: Shut the Hell Up, Montezuma

I'm gonna make a city with only Gods and kick your ass to kingdom come.

Oh, whoops, nevermind, I'm not even in this thread!

Jump back in, we're only a few turns along.

Yes, there are still free slots and we'ven't started properly yet. Come, join!

Oh, anyone know if queued up actions, such as movement, is done automatically even if I don't log in for my turn?

Oh, anyone know if queued up actions, such as movement, is done automatically even if I don't log in for my turn?

Yup.

I also set my cities on auto everything just in case.

Ello ello, looks like I may be joining yous in there if there's still a slot. Just updating :)

I will also be on at the weekend for a 30th Birthday game, if anyone would like to join on Saturday afternoon, say, 3pm onwards for a full instant game?

Ello ello, looks like I may be joining yous in there if there's still a slot. Just updating :)

I will also be on at the weekend for a 30th Birthday game, if anyone would like to join on Saturday afternoon, say, 3pm onwards for a full instant game?

Sounds exciting. I've never tried one of those -- how long does it usually take?

I'll be away from Thursday-Monday, I hope my game auto updates the moves I leave it to.

PS: I think the CivStats Uploader disconnected.

Actually I turned it off, since it was consuming CPU cycles like crazy. Do you know if it has to be turned on all the time to be useful, or if I can just run it once a day?

Okay, it's back up in a new game here. Let's see if it works this time.

What's the Registration Password?

Actually I turned it off, since it was consuming CPU cycles like crazy. Do you know if it has to be turned on all the time to be useful, or if I can just run it once a day?

Sorry, never tried it. Just thought it might be useful since this is such a spread-out game. There's also Play Your Turn, another Civ Stat Tracker, which might be less of a resource hog. If these programs slowing down your machine, don't worry about it.

What's the Registration Password?

Actually, to set a registration password I have to select which leader (Napoleon, Pacal II, etc.) you're playing (from a list of names without pictures). Could you all let me know which one you picked, and I'll set a password.

SuspectKitten, the game warns me that you have different game files than the others playing. It's not a big deal, but you should check to make sure you're all patched up.

Also, I tried the stats uploader again, and the pitboss app froze. I had to reload yesterday's state, so some of you might've gone back a turn or two.

Actually, to set a registration password I have to select which leader (Napoleon, Pacal II, etc.) you're playing (from a list of names without pictures). Could you all let me know which one you picked, and I'll set a password.

I'll be playing Germany. Do I need to rejoin the game or something? I'm miles away this week.

Blarg, I'm all over the place and totally missed this. I'll try to get in the next game that's set up, hehe.

Blarg, I'm all over the place and totally missed this. I'll try to get in the next game that's set up, hehe.

No, Napoleon is still available. Get in here, we've only done a handful of rounds, nothing that should matter in the long run.

SuspectKitten, the game warns me that you have different game files than the others playing. It's not a big deal, but you should check to make sure you're all patched up.

Yeah I get that too. I'm all patched, I assumed it's just because my moves are different/syncing?

Also, you do realise this game will take years, right? It's not even on quick lol. To build my barracks is 60 turns. A turn a day = 60 days = 2 months. I'm building a warrior right now, 15 turns, so I may as well not log in for 2 weeks.. hmmm :erm: I'm still up for it, but if it's perhaps still early, could be worth changing the game to quick mode at least, and doing 2 or 3 turns a day, as most moves will all be set up as auto, right...?

Happy either way though. Could be funny playing it over a year or two!

I'm all for making changes. I haven't really done any calculations, and don't know the expected duration of anything. It's still early, so if we can all agree on a speedier setup, I say we do it. What do you other people think?

I'm all for making changes. I haven't really done any calculations, and don't know the expected duration of anything. It's still early, so if we can all agree on a speedier setup, I say we do it. What do you other people think?

If we could agree on a day & time to play, we could play through a bunch of turns until someone had to leave.

I'm also fine with changing the game to Quick. Also, if "Take over AI" is checked when setting up the game, you could reduce the turn timer to 12 hours or so without people having to worry about their people just standing around waiting for orders if they miss a turn. The Size could be set to Standard, too. I don't know what it's on now.

Or we could do both of those things.

To be honest, I would prefer the long version of the game, but if others want that kind of game I'm fine with it. Although, couldn't you have another paralel game that would be set for a shorter game?

Okay, I just have to ask: Is anyone but me still playing this thing? I keep the pitboss running, and people are racking up scores. I just want to confirm that this is due to people playing, and not just a bunch of automated workers slowly covering the earth in roads and irrigation.

Okay, I just have to ask: Is anyone but me still playing this thing? I keep the pitboss running, and people are racking up scores. I just want to confirm that this is due to people playing, and not just a bunch of automated workers slowly covering the earth in roads and irrigation.

I am, but I never seem to see stars next to other people's names (meaning they've finished their turn).

Edit: Or at least, I was until the server went down today.