Armchair General

Crysis on the iPad...cloud gaming.

Well, it's not going to catch on for FPS games I think. You just can't have good controls for many games on the device.

I thought there would be problems with responsiveness? How does it work? Surely the lag would be horrendous?

In case of the OnLive service you have to be within a certain range from their servers to be able to play. And they invented some kind of video encoder that encodes faster, to reduce lag. But i don't know about this particular one.

no wasd, no mouse

not even a cat will be interested

In case of the OnLive service you have to be within a certain range from their servers to be able to play. And they invented some kind of video encoder that encodes faster, to reduce lag. But i don't know about this particular one.

Online shooters still have pretty serious problems communicating relatively small amounts of data fast enough to make the gameplay feel smooth. But that's just regular lag, not video lag which is so much worse. Think of clicking your mouse and seeing the gun go off half a second later.

Online shooters still have pretty serious problems communicating relatively small amounts of data fast enough to make the gameplay feel smooth. But that's just regular lag, not video lag which is so much worse. Think of clicking your mouse and seeing the gun go off half a second later.

The OnLive guys boasted about 80 ms lag or something, I think. Or maybe that was for the video encoding only..

Even assuming a massive step forward in the tech and a death blow to lag, it's just hard to see the iPad or tablet devices being that big a deal for this kind of game.

Until they bring out an oversized iPad dock compatible classic N64 controller with optional rumble pack. Then, problem solved.

I wonder if wiimote tv breaking will be superseded by people snapping their iPads in half when really getting into an action game.

Point and shoot? :mock::getmecoat

I'm quite sceptical of this. I've not found simulated analog sticks on the iphone any fun at all.

The only shooter that would workbwell on the ipad us Close Range

The only shooter that would workbwell on the ipad us Close Range

written on an iPad?

My email signature on my work iPhone:

--

[some company contact info]

(ps, sorry for the spelling, this email was written on an iPhone)

written on an iPad?

iPhone probably, unless I was just temporarily insane. And yeah that typing correction on those is a piece of shit. I haven't even looked at if it can be turned off, though, don't type that much. Some barely understandable SMS-s have been sent out though, but nothing too awkward.

I've had an iphone correct something to "sexing" instead of "sending" in a message to an almost complete stranger. Luckily, it wasn't followed by the word "you".