Sign in to follow this  
Sombre

I need help identifying a game

I need help determining whether a game really exists or whether I dreamed it. It's a first-person horror adventure game that plays similarly to Amnesia, but in a more contemporary setting. You're exploring a house and trying to get onto the roof by solving adventure game-style puzzles, but sometimes you also get attacked by large beetle-like insects. You can kill them, but it's better to take them alive and bring them to an altar to sacrifice them, which will eventually get you some kind of item that will help you in the final section of the game. That last area is sectioned off by a set of French windows with a sign next to them that's written in a Courier-like font warning you to make sure you're prepared before entering because once you're in there, you can't save or turn back.

Since I'm pretty sure I dreamed that, here's a bonus question of a game that I'm pretty sure actually does exist: a 2D point-and-click adventure game from the early/mid-90s. Probably VGA graphics. I think the premise was that you play as a secret agent or something, but I might be wrong about that. But it had a demo that I think came on a floppy or CD included with an issue of PC Gamer, or possibly was downloaded from AOL. In that demo, there was a brick wall, and if you examined it, your guy would say something like, "The bricklayer must have been a Pink Floyd fan." That's all I remember.

Sounds a bit like Realms of the Hauting, but I guess that's not it.

Yeah that sounds a lot like Realms if the Haunting.

As for the Secret Agent game, maybe KGB (or Conspiracy) ?

Guys. You all need to decide what these Realms are doing to this Haunting.

I think I found the secret agent game. It was Teenagent.

Realms of the Hunting does sound similar, but the game I have a false memory of had current-era graphics. It looked a bit like Gone Home with monsters. I'm pretty sure I just invented it in my dreams.

I think Teen Agent is still one of the free games you get when you sign up with gog.com.