SignorSuperdouche

Any German kindly speakers in the house?

Hey gang, a while back I used to work in Germany and got a sort of reference thingy from the company I worked at. I say reference thingy because, honestly, I've got very little idea what it says (even at the peak of my German speaking I could only just about order food off a menu - and it has declined significantly since then).

Anyway, I was rather hoping someone might be able to do me the (colossal) favour of translating it into something I can understand so I can present potential employers with some record of my time over there.

If nobody can be arsed that's cool, but I figured I'd ask on the off chance. Thanks to anyone that takes a look :yep:

post-2047-13375603196728_thumb.png

I can understand parts of it, but I wouldn't be able to make an accurate translation of it. ^^

If you don't get any bites here on the forum, I can try asking some of my German friends if they could bother. :3

Crowdsourcing!

I can understand most of it, but I'm not good enough in German to accurately translate it to English. A pretty positive letter though! :D

It says you are an helpful contortionist creating tools of automating visualizations of computing data for reactor safety within MS Access. Which is a clear violation of the EULA for Access. :P

It says you are an helpful contortionist creating tools of automating visualizations of computing data for reactor safety within MS Access. Which is a clear violation of the EULA for Access. :P

Actually, apart from the MS Access and contortionist bits, that is a fairly accurate description of what I did :grin:

Thanks for taking a look guys :tup::tup:

The last line of the 4th paragraph roughly reads:

His flexibility allowed mr

Douche

to quickly adapt to unorthodox problems.

Sounds like a contortionist to me :)

Google says:

A
AREVA

Internship Certificate

University of Aberystyth in Wales, the period from 23 October 2006 to September 14, 2007 an internship at AREVA NP GmbH, Department of Safety Engineering (NEPS-G) "in Erlangen in completed.

During this time, Mr.-in security technology used to

His activities included the development and maintenance of a MSAccess based Literalurdatenbasis and the development of tools for automated visualization of computational results, the reactor safety to the next Einsaîz complex computer codes were obtained with.

Mr. was-a kind and always hiffsbereiter trainee who with his sociable Ari well into the team integrated. Mr. worked-after a very short training time independent, proactive and very dedicated. Especially its flexibility allows Herrnsich it quickly and in an unorthodox tasks incorporate very .

Mr. has-sound knowledge in computer science, which thanks to its good grasp emöglichten him quickly and competently acquainted with new subjects. The work was done professionally and be used in future projektnah too.

The duties assigned to him, he met stiff Volf to our satisfaction. His personal conduct towards managers and colleagues was emwandfrer Mr. _ separates with completion of the internship September 14, 2007 from our concems from the. We thank him for the very good cooperation and wish him further study all the best and the successful completion of Erlangen, March 14, 2008 Í I

Hans4Michae | Kursawe Hans Peler Hahnefeld

Holy crap, reactor safety!

Quanta says:

Mister ---, student of the university of Aberystyth in Wales did a placement at the "Safety Engineering (NEPS-G)" devision of ARENA NP GmbH in Erlangen (Germany) from October 23 2006 up to and including September 14 2007.

During this period of time Mister --- was assigned to safety engineering.

His tasks included the development and maintenance of a MS-Access-based literature database and development of tools for automated visualisation of computational results, which were gained with complex computing programs used in reactor safety.

Mister --- was polite and helpful at all times and blended in well. Mister --- worked independently, proactively and with great involvement. Especially his flexibility allowed Mister --- to become familiar with even unorthodox problems fast.

Mister --- profound knowledge about informatics and his keen perception allow him to become acquainted with new topics fast and competently. The work was done professionally and will be of use for the project further on.

The tasks he had been entrusted with were completed to our perfect satisfaction at all times.

He displayed good behaviour towards executives and colleagues.

Mister --- is going to leave our company at the end of the placement on September 14 2007. We thank him for his excellent collaboration and wish him all the best for his studies and graduation.

Feel free to make some improvement suggestions. I wasn't even sure what tense to use. And the third paragraph was pure horror. Even as a native speaker I had to read it three times to fully understand it (but maybe I'm just slow in the mind).