Sign in to follow this  
Marek

GTA: San Andreas screenshots

GTA: Galveston!

The only problem I see there is that Galveston is amazingly flat and the streets are either numbered (N-S), lettered (E-W) or named after species of fish (other). Galveston could be the ghetto level in GTA: South-East Texas....

On second thought, let's never talk about this again.

I really liked the "bad 80s video camera" light trails in Vice City if that's what you're referring to with "nauseating video effect."

Hee, I thought I was the only one sad enough to think that was the effect Rockstar were going for. :~

As a fan of old BBC 'drama', I luvs the comet tails. :~

Wow, water does not equal death in this one. I'm sold!

I wonder if you could get a fishing pole, build a small fire on the beach and eat your catch... that would be extra RPGesque.... but that seems to be where the game is going.

How does this feeding/eating thing work? Do you have to eat regularly..?

Also, keep up the screen pimpin'! I can't be bothered to look them up elsewhere, so please post all the cool ones in this very thread. :innocent:

Meh. Not enough difference with the topics that would then be covered in General Gaming. We can start thinking about branching out the forums a little more, but we probably shouldn't do it with a previews forum.

(If anyone has additional suggestions for forums don't hold back.)

Edit: I thought about your suggestion some more and there's a possibility it could rule. To the bat cave!

Meh. Not enough difference with the topics that would then be covered in General Gaming. We can start thinking about branching out the forums a little more, but we probably shouldn't do it with a previews forum.

(If anyone has additional suggestions for forums don't hold back.)

Edit: I thought about your suggestion some more and there's a possibility it could rule. To the bat cave!

Holy cow, Batman. Does that mean you're going to do it or me? I don't want to have two forums...

while i am a massive gta fan (bought & loved every game), and i think GTA:SA is shaping up to be pretty good, i just cant stand the rubbish eating/exercising "rpg" elements they've decided to throw in. ive always thought that gta was fun as a pick-up-and-play game, this sorta spoils it ...

... and call me cynical, but it sounds like rockstar have simply run out of ideas but since the demand for gta games is so high, they've had to do something. i wish they would add more to the real game : ie, the crime bit. how fat or thin my character is, isnt all that big a deal.

however, being the big gta fan that i am, im prolly gonna buy the game anyway. i just hope this rpg garbage doesnt get in the way of the game in a big way.

SiN

while i am a massive gta fan (bought & loved every game), and i think GTA:SA is shaping up to be pretty good, i just cant stand the rubbish eating/exercising "rpg" elements they've decided to throw in. ive always thought that gta was fun as a pick-up-and-play game, this sorta spoils it ...

... and call me cynical, but it sounds like rockstar have simply run out of ideas but since the demand for gta games is so high, they've had to do something. i wish they would add more to the real game : ie, the crime bit. how fat or thin my character is, isnt all that big a deal.

however, being the big gta fan that i am, im prolly gonna buy the game anyway. i just hope this rpg garbage doesnt get in the way of the game in a big way.

SiN

I sortof have the same fear... but it was obvious from the way things were shaping up through the last few games that Rockstars are trying to approach the RPG genre from all the way around, in what I feel is a more natural way to do RPGs...

Personally I always loved the 'career progression', so to speak, of GTA III and VC. The gaining new hideouts and buying properties and stuff was cool, I felt as though I was really playing the game for a reason. I would love some more RPG-y bits in San Andreas.

London would be cool — cops there wouldn't have guns, though... you would have to make some sort of mechanism that would make a simple gun a heavy-duty weapon like the granade launcher was in GTA III — or why not Lima? Or Moscow? Or... Vatican?

Oh. My. God.

GTA... FRIGGIN' DUBLIN!!!

Only, water in Dublin would equal death, and the cops don't have guns, and there'd be pretty much nothing to do other than go into Easons Bookshop. Oh, or hang out with the dodgy-looking Romanians on Grafton Street.

But I mean, let's be innovative here. As Chris pointed out in his article, there are other ways to progress in a game than shooting things. There could be alternate ways of doing crime in GTA: Dublin. Like, for instance, selling fake dancing leprechauns to American tourists! Or making illegal alcoholic substances from potato skins!

Career progresion would be cool, especually if they put a few choices in there of what you can become. Being a crooked cop in GTA would be kickass. You know, if they did it right.

I sortof have the same fear... but it was obvious from the way things were shaping up through the last few games that Rockstars are trying to approach the RPG genre from all the way around, in what I feel is a more natural way to do RPGs...

which is fine really, i dont mind the rpg aspect of the gta series ... especially in gta3 where ur avatar was just a reflection of yourself, u notice that he never talked or anything ... he was a digital represenation of urself. that was a cool touch.

however, what i hate about the current eating system they have going is that its something that u have to maintain ... i wouldnt mind it if there was a level-up feature or some such nonsense, but i hate the fact that i cant just get over and done with eating/exercising ... i need to eat & exercise all the time & if i dont feel like it, i wont be as good a player ...

... things like aiming should be left to the player ... the game shouldnt judge how good u are at shooting, YOU should.

SiN

Whoa, are they actually licensing cars for this one? That's a new Ford GT40 in that last pic. I suppose it could just be generic but it looks really accurate, unlike the cars from previous games.