Sign in to follow this  
Patters

Grand Thumbs Auto 53: The Theme from Mario Land

In and in. After last week's amazing game, I'm very psyched for this one. Can't wait.

Also, goddamn you for that title. Why is it that EVERY DAMN TIME I talk to you, you get that song stuck in my head. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Fuck you, Patters. :shifty:

In and in. After last week's amazing game, I'm very psyched for this one. Can't wait.

Also, goddamn you for that title. Why is it that EVERY DAMN TIME I talk to you, you get that song stuck in my head. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Fuck you, Patters. :shifty:

X6CXSTBaUsk

The theme tune for this week

A thought occurs. Here in North America, we set our clocks an hour ahead on Sunday. Last time the clocks changed, we kept playing by the GMT clock. This going to continue again? (That is, should I turn on my Xbox at 1 o'clock instead of 2 tomorrow?)

A thought occurs. Here in North America, we set our clocks an hour ahead on Sunday. Last time the clocks changed, we kept playing by the GMT clock. This going to continue again? (That is, should I turn on my Xbox at 1 o'clock instead of 2 tomorrow?)

I think 1300MT (Miffy Time?) for you is more appropriate, especially as if we put it an hour later those who work in Europe would be finishing at 0000GMT or later. If we keep with the british clock then the game in 2 weeks would be an hour later for you.

Ah, but that's the problem! I usually boot up at 2! This means that this week I should boot up at 1, because the same hour that was 2 last week is 1 this week! Confusion!

...I'll be there at 1. As for Shakespeare, I'm not sure what time zone Fish Bridge World 2-3 is in so I'm unclear what a good time would be. What's your time zone, Actung?

Ah, but that's the problem! I usually boot up at 2! This means that this week I should boot up at 1, because the same hour that was 2 last week is 1 this week! Confusion!

...I'll be there at 1. As for Shakespeare, I'm not sure what time zone Fish Bridge World 2-3 is in so I'm unclear what a good time would be. What's your time zone, Actung?

In just under 2 hours.

Wait, so we're starting at 3, not 1? I'm so damn confused. Why do countries have to do daylight savings on different schedules? Why did Canada switch to the US' stupid way last year instead of keeping it the same as the rest of the fucking world? WHY???

Fuck, I guess I'll do my homework and play some Brutal Legend. At least my shift starts an hour later than usual this week as well...

Yeah, if you don't trust the time of day it gives you, the countdown time ("2 hours from now," etc.) should be reliable.

Of course, it's a bit late for any of this to be useful.

I made it all right. Good game today, all. Except for the connection troubles at the end, anyway. The discovery that Illeria may as well be my neighbour compared to the rest of you was weird as well. Now I'm off to work.

Awesome, again. Hope you get the videos up, P. Also, sorry for not speaking. Although I think there might be something wrong with my mic, because I did say some things, but I'm not sure the sound of my voice is powerful enough to cause the microphone's induction coil to move.

I made it all right. Good game today, all. Except for the connection troubles at the end, anyway. The discovery that Illeria may as well be my neighbour compared to the rest of you was weird as well. Now I'm off to work.

Yea small world! lol. Well technically I don't live in Calgary. I live in Chestermere which is like 10 kms out of Calgary

Fantastic game, cheered me up a bit. Which was quite necessary.

Glad to help man, and Forza tomorrow as well. You'll get through this. With the power of VIDEO GAMES!

Hope you get the videos up, P.

I was going to put something up last night, but I fell asleep during the editing process, so I elected to be sensible and go to bed.

Also, sorry for not speaking. Although I think there might be something wrong with my mic, because I did say some things, but I'm not sure the sound of my voice is powerful enough to cause the microphone's induction coil to move.

I heard you a couple of times, most notably when we were trying to determine the awesome jump track. I guess we anglophones are just too obnoxiously loud. And obnoxious in general.

Edited by JamesM

I heard you a couple of times, most notably when we were trying to determine the awesome jump track. I guess we anglophones are just too obnoxiously loud. And obnoxious in general.

Yeah, like when you were killing me and yelling "YOU WILL REMEMBER MY NAME!"

Get it Thunderpeel? Get it?

I should probably have trimmed quite a lot out of this, but instead of bothering to do that I just sped it all up a little bit to keep it at ten minutes:

FOIbUhYMk4M

Oh man, you got in our boat duel and my trying to drive on the wall until I exploded. Well done.

Also, lots of evidence of the party system being goddamn terrible in that video. Go Microsoft.