Sign in to follow this  
Armchair General

Flash game websites

Hey guys, do any of you know of (relatively) child friendly flash game websites?

My middle son is five and likes playing the games on Andkon.com and onemorelevel.com which are easy for him to navigate and have a good selection (attention span is an issue at age 5!)

Any ideas appreciated.

Damn, the first thing I thought when I saw the thread title was Adult Swim Games...

I guess I'll plug the company I work for here, with risk of my coworkers or ex-coworkers finding out about my online persona.

www.playnormous.com

They all have a healthy and fit type theme if that interests you.

I only did animation and characters on one game though.

I remember www.whattheyplay.com had a bit of coverage on that type of stuff. Not sure how the site has been maintained since J.D. sold it to IGN, but it's original mission statement was basically to serve your demographic.

Which one?!

The squirrel/nut thing on Pyramid Pile-up, which is actually just one character, but I guess he's reused over and over. I haven't really been involved with much else on the Playnormous art or website though besides that.

I like that game the best though, just because I find it a lot more addicting and user friendly than the other flash games, but I must admit I don't really play our games much.

It was fun to do the simplified vector/cut-out paper method my art director (who did all of the GUI stuff and animation) wanted. I have a lot of concept sketches of weirder squirrel monsters that I should really upload somewhere one day.