Sign in to follow this  
Sombre

Blast from the past...cast.

holy crap, it's a bitmap

The reason, as I recall, was that we were making this in the E3 press room and had no access to a real Word processor, so I just quickly mocked the document up in Notepad with HTML. Since we were printing it out straight from the webpage, any web-resolution jpeg (or whatever other format) would look horribly low-res on paper, so I took the original high-res bitmap and scaled it down in the HTML.

It totally worked! Then we printed out hundreds of them and put them all over the place and some other website made fun of it and then we ended up having beer and pizza with them.

Since we were printing it out straight from the webpage, any web-resolution jpeg (or whatever other format) would look horribly low-res on paper, so I took the original high-res bitmap and scaled it down in the HTML.

It totally worked! Then we printed out hundreds of them and put them all over the place and some other website made fun of it and then we ended up having beer and pizza with them.

That is my favorite trick. I use it sometimes in the Print stylesheet of a page -- that way when you print it out, the logo at the top is effectively a print-ready high DPI image.

That is my favorite trick. I use it sometimes in the Print stylesheet of a page -- that way when you print it out, the logo at the top is effectively a print-ready high DPI image.

Industry secrets!

Also, as I recall, written at 3am before the first night of E3, which should explain a lot.