Sign in to follow this  
ThunderPeel2001

Grand Thumbs Autos XLVI: Just when you thought it was over

After my recent dip back into the wonderful world of GTAIV: Thumbs Edition - Live! (X-Treme Deluxe XXL) I'm keen to back into playing this again... So, I'm taking the initiative and getting this started early.

Next Tuesday (the 12th) @ 9PM GMT.

Be there, or be rectangular.

Edit: Tuesday! Tuesday! (I meant Tuesday, sorry.)

Edited by ThunderPeel2001

I will probably not be rectangular. I'm out of class at 12:15, have to be at work by 4:30. That leaves me with a good 2 hours before I need to leave after gametime starts.

I'll be in class on Monday, but if there's also going to be a game on Tuesday, what I said earlier applies...

I will most likely be going to this on the Tuesday, but if it is Monday, I can do that. Might have been a calendar mix-up, though - the end of December/start of January period is particularly hazy.

On a side note, what's the story behind this shit?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPZUcbkYlU8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPZUcbkYlU8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I believe it was prior to n0wak moving over to France, and he recorded it.

Yeah, we don't do much in the way of videos any more. Nowak used to record them using a TV card. I couldn't bear to play in SD as that would require, but I did do a bit of budget recording with my camera.

In case people don't know about it, the swingset in that clip is victim to a quirk of the physics engine that causes it to spazz out (scientific term) and occasionally launch people hundreds of any unit of measurement you'd care to mention into the air. Even astronomical units. Or this could happen.

I'll try to be there this week. Not that I have a good reason for my recent absences. I'm just awful.

Edited by JamesM

That was fun. I got a bit distracted for a while by a fire, but managed to win the final race, so it's all good.