Thrik

Life (BBC)

Anyone caught this? Started on Monday:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_%28BBC_TV_series%29

It's from the same team as Planet Earth, which at least some of you should know to be an outstanding series. Pretty much the spiritual sequel, including the same music composer; plenty of incredible slow-motion footage; and of course David Attenborough.

Having watched one episode I can safely say if you liked Planet Earth you're going to love this, as it features all the hallmarks that made it such an engaging and even emotional watch. I'd go so far as to say a lot of the footage I've seen thus far surpasses that in Planet Earth with regards to the 'How the hell did they manage to capture this?' aspect.

In fact, forget whether or not you saw Planet Earth, or even whether or not you like nature documentaries — just watch it. :yep:

Yeah I was thinking about posting on this. One of the most beautiful TV programs ever made.

Shit, I completely forgot about that thing. I'll have to catch up at some point.

On a similar subject, check out 'Last chance to see' with Stephen Fry. The earlier episodes are still available on iPlayer if you missed them. No jaw dropping, eye popping visuals, but a humorous and entertaining road trip (of sorts). If you like this sort of thing I recommend it.

...as for this, I look forward to the bluray :eek:

You might like the Douglas Adams/Mark Cawardine book of the same name, done years ago. This is an update on the things found in the book. I bought it when I was slavishly into DNA, and really got into it.

I watched the first episode of this the other day, looked stunning with my computer hooked up to the hdtv. Definitely a series I will follow.

Been watching this too. It's an awesome program in the real sense of the word awesome!

I'm constantly amazed at the quality of cinematography and editing that goes on in this and I too look forward to a blu ray release. :D