Chris

Idle Thumbs 45: Episode Forty-Five

There's been a lot of Suicide Girl bashing in this thread, but I have to say, all the Suicide Girls I know are actually quite lovely, classy ladies.

There's been a lot of Suicide Girl bashing in this thread, but I have to say, all the Suicide Girls I know are actually quite lovely, classy ladies.

PLEASE NO.

a) I apologize for us Brits' failure to join the dots on the whole Boost issue

B) I too thought the gun sound effects in the clips sounded like a kid was making them with his mouth

c) Was I the only person who initially thought Jake was saying that the new song has "wizling"?

Woo. Shivah on Idle Thumbs. Thanks for the shout out, guys!

-Dave

Really enjoyed the game, no way would have known about it without the shout out. Thanks 'thumbs and dave ...

Regardless of whether the character is beautiful or not, regardless of how beautiful women are "supposed to behave" (the implications of that statement are best left unexplored, I think...), it's preposterous to the extreme to suggest that Subject Zero is somehow breaking the mold by being a "badass female character". Every female character in every Video game is basically an honorary boy in all respects, because actual honest-to-God femininity is in fact far more threatening to 13-year-old boys than a chick with a flamethrower. If the next Tomb Raider game revealed that Lara Croft was actually a post-op transexual the whole time, I'm not sure I'd be all that surprised.

Someone last year observed, rather interestingly, that Sarah Palin is especially interesting as the first example of a strong woman personality on the political scene whose power is inherently feminine. They brought up examples of Hillary Clinton and Margaret Thatcher (and I would insert Ayn Rand and Jeanne d'Arc) as more traditional feminist power figures—all of those traditional feminist archetypes tend to have bigger dicks than all the boys in the room, and Sarah Palin was a noticeable exception to that, they argued. I can't remember where I read this article.

...traditional feminist archetypes tend to have bigger dicks than all the boys in the room, and Sarah Palin was a noticeable exception to that...

Sarah Palin's giant hunting rifle would beg to differ.

11palin.jpg

Sarah Palin's giant hunting rifle would beg to differ.

11palin.jpg

She was WINKING at the camera coquettishly all through the election. Can you imagine Maggie Thatcher or, say, Angela Merkel, dressed for success, stoic and unfeminine, winking at her audience?

I think she looks drunk.

That's her natural look.

So, yeah.