Sign in to follow this  
frizby

RSS feed broken?

I use "Juice" to capture the podcast using the Idle Thumbs RSS feed, and not only is the feed not getting the new Idle Thumbs shows, but it's capturing a garbage Wii show called "the Wiire". It's like insult to injury.

I didn't change the feed and haven't had any problems since the early shows...until now.

Is it just me, or is something up???

I actually just switched from the Zune software to Juice two weeks ago and I haven't had any problems thus far. I just used the following feed, so all I can say is that you should maybe try to delete the feed from Juice and try it again:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/idle-thumbs

Thanks.

I uninstalled Juice and reinstalled...still getting that Wii podcast in the Idle-Thumbs folder. I even went so far as to delete the Juice Program File from my C drive.

Ugh. May have to try another catcher...but I really like Juice and it works for everything else.

Anyway, this is clearly in the wrong forum now...thought it might have been a problem with the feed, but it looks like I have a software issue. :shifty:

Gave up and went to itunes...it's kind of impressive.

Now if I could just figure out how to get it to autodelete those rarely updated shows (Life Well Wasted) after a set number of days...

Go to the "Podcasts" list, and there's a button on the bottom-left labeled "Settings." You can set it to keep only a certain number of recent episodes. It's a global setting across all podcasts, though.

If you click on a single podcast and hit settings, it goes right to the settings for that specific show. You can use the defaults or set separate settings for each show.

Is there a way to set up the feeds such that when a new episode is out it starts downloading it automatically?

iTunes has a setting for this. I don't know about other readers.

iTunes has a setting for this. I don't know about other readers.

Yeh I have that for my home laptop but at work I can't install iTunes. I was wondering if Firefox was able to do it.

I know torrent rss feeds for TV shows download automatically so I wonder if there is a reader for direct downloads.

Chris, thanks for suggesting the history podcast. This should keep me busy Monday - Tuesday and Wednesday - Friday. Is it a weekly thing?

Chris, thanks for suggesting the history podcast. This should keep me busy Monday - Tuesday and Wednesday - Friday. Is it a weekly thing?

Not nearly that frequent, I heard Dan Carlin say on a recent show that they only do a new one every 45 days or so... but that's cause he puts a lot of research into each episode!