Sign in to follow this  
Coldkill

Section 8

:spiraldy:

Crap AI, and game play that resembles Starwars Battlefront. Can someone explain to me how my guy keeps surviving after dying? Also, it's taken me 2 hours to complete. What tosh is this!?

:spiraldy:

Can someone explain to me how my guy keeps surviving after dying?

Isn't that part of the suspension of disbelief in a multiplayer game? How does you guy keep coming back to life in Halo or UT?

Can someone explain to me how my guy keeps surviving after dying?

Well, that's kind of just how a huge number of games work. I think at this point developers don't need to explain it really.

Also, it's taken me 2 hours to complete. What tosh is this!?

It's intended to be a multiplayer game. I don't know if the packaging adequately advertises that, but it's definitely not intended as a primarily single-player experience.

DIRTY LAUNDRY SPOILERZ

I'm getting personal satisfaction out of you guys hating this game since I had a lame, waste of time run around with this company for an internship a few years ago in which certain people lied to me. :finger:

Other than that, I will duck out.

Hot scoop: Steve "Hot Scoops" Gaynor worked at TimeGate Studios for about a year, during which time he worked on F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate and F.E.A.R. Extraction Point.

I got to play it during the closed beta and thought it was surprisingly great.

I got to play it during the closed beta and thought it was surprisingly great.

My issues with the multiplayer game was that my character moved at a snails pace, and what has now become the common complaint of this game:

it takes too long to kill other players.

I also thought the visuals of the game were just not appealing. I dunno, maybe I'll give it another try, I still have the demo installed.

Yeah, I think health was an issue, but did you have access to the passive modules or whatever? You can put a bunch into what you want to be good at, so if you want high health and speed you can jack those two up and leave the rest.

Anyway, I loved sprinting around.

Out of interest, are you playing it on PC or 360?

Yeah, I think health was an issue, but did you have access to the passive modules or whatever? You can put a bunch into what you want to be good at, so if you want high health and speed you can jack those two up and leave the rest.

Anyway, I loved sprinting around.

Out of interest, are you playing it on PC or 360?

360. I didn't try playing with the extra settings and such like the modules. Maybe if I load it up again I'll try it.

I've got it on PC and it looks quite nice, but my point about the dying/reviving was in the Single player campaign where you see your comrades get killed and actually die. It also features:

• Terrible voice acting
  • Bad scripting
  • Bad cut scene direction
  • Moments that make you think WHAT THE F***!?
  • A rubbish storyline

Who buys a game to not experience a storyline of some sort? Multiplayer is like Halo, except you "burn in", which is a cheap trick that gets very old after a while.

On top of everything, they linked it with the Live system, which I loathe. :(

I've got it on PC and it looks quite nice, but my point about the dying/reviving was in the Single player campaign where you see your comrades get killed and actually die. It also features:

• Terrible voice acting
  • Bad scripting
  • Bad cut scene direction
  • Moments that make you think WHAT THE F***!?
  • A rubbish storyline

Who buys a game to not experience a storyline of some sort? Multiplayer is like Halo, except you "burn in", which is a cheap trick that gets very old after a while.

On top of everything, they linked it with the Live system, which I loathe. :(

While I agree in disliking the game, have you played Unreal Tournament, ever?

My issues with the multiplayer game was that my character moved at a snails pace, and what has now become the common complaint of this game:

it takes too long to kill other players.

I also thought the visuals of the game were just not appealing. I dunno, maybe I'll give it another try, I still have the demo installed.

This sounds like Halo 3 to me, which seems to succeed despite these.

While I agree in disliking the game, have you played Unreal Tournament, ever?

Yeah I have. But I fully expected it there. I didn't here. Plus UT3 had pretty good voice acting, cut scene direction and scripting. Secshit 8 just lacked all of that.

Who buys a game to not experience a storyline of some sort?

Well, anyone who buys a main Battlefield game, Team Fortress 2, Tribes, Quake III, Unreal Tournament, Demigod, Sins of a Solar Empire, Burnout Paradise, etc.

There are tons of games that don't have a real "story" component. Section 8 also comes from a specific tradition -- Tribes and Battlefield -- that frequently fall into that category.

I'm kind of surprised nobody likes this game, so far. I played the demo and it seemed like something that would appeal to big-time FPS fans...I assumed it was just too hardcore for me...but I liked the overall look and feel of it.

This sounds like Halo 3 to me, which seems to succeed despite these.

Halo 3 is not super fast paced, but still moves faster, and also you can die really quickly in Halo 3 if players are good.

Well, anyone who buys a main Battlefield game, Team Fortress 2, Tribes, Quake III, Unreal Tournament, Demigod, Sins of a Solar Empire, Burnout Paradise, etc.

There are tons of games that don't have a real "story" component. Section 8 also comes from a specific tradition -- Tribes and Battlefield -- that frequently fall into that category.

UT3 has a very good storyline to it. In fact, it covers why people respawn and come back to life quite well. Section 8 doesn't do that, it attempts to have a story, but fails miserably at it. The Battlefield series also has an underlying story.

My problem is not that it has no story but that the story implemented, is half arsed and poorly written. It's also badly directed and voiced which doesn't help matters.