Jake

PAX '09

Anyone going?

Chris and I will be there. I think that other vintage Thumbs staff David (aka Metallus) and Doug (aka tabacco) will be there as well. We should hang out and talk about video games.

What's going on at PAX other than it existing?

I'm going to PAX.

I met Chris and Nick over the weekend at Blizzcon, at apparently the world-first Idle Thumbs fan meetup.

four dudes, including them and me

Perhaps we can heckle Garnett Lee at Listen UP Live, or plug Idle Thumbs at the live Giant Bomb Cast?

(Or we can just get a beer on Saturday)

I'll be sure to awkwardly walk by the telltales game booth and yell out "video games" really loudly. I don't think saying hi to internet strangers can ever be smooth and not awkward. I remember at some party people were showing youtube videos on this big screen the host had setup and I was playing the one with the insane preacher that swore a lot. This random dude came up to me and asked me if I had stairs in my house, which is supposed to be the goon intro to another goon but I didn't think anyone would every ask me that irl. I wanted to punch him in his face, I hope you won't punch me though.

I don't think saying hi to internet strangers can ever be smooth and not awkward.

So true. You'd think this would be limited to someone you were interested in dating (as I recall those never went well. Ever.), but I think it's even worse if it's just a message board acquaintance or online gaming friend.

Probably because I'm paranoid that they're secretly a lunatic that's gonna pull out a gun and shoot me in the face for some long forgotten flippant comment I might have made. Or that all the times they said "I'm gonna rape you" in an online game - they weren't just kidding around.

I'll be sure to awkwardly walk by the telltales game booth and yell out "video games" really loudly. I don't think saying hi to internet strangers can ever be smooth and not awkward. I remember at some party people were showing youtube videos on this big screen the host had setup and I was playing the one with the insane preacher that swore a lot. This random dude came up to me and asked me if I had stairs in my house, which is supposed to be the goon intro to another goon but I didn't think anyone would every ask me that irl. I wanted to punch him in his face, I hope you won't punch me though.

Would you be willing to go to an actual official (haha) Thumbs meet? We're trying to nail down a time and place so people can hang out for a bit.

I'd go if I wasn't so broke. I demand the official Thumbs meetup come to me, or I'll have none of it!

Also, did I accidentally and subconsciously steal someone's avatar? I got ths jpeg from Google images, I swear. Anyway, sorry William, I'll change it when I feel less lazy.