Shakesbeard

Worms Armageddon (live arcade release July 1)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW09vWQQpuA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW09vWQQpuA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Worms is out on Live Arcade tomorrow! Hooray! While I will miss sitting on the couch or standing around a computer with friends I am still looking forward to blowing cute little annelids to kingdom come online.

Apparently there will be new weapons (sentry guns, bunker busters, electro-magnets), landscapes and level types.
(Full details on the Team17 Facebook)

Any thumbs planning on buying it? I think I'm going to get it tomorrow, but I won't be playing it until Thursday due to certain obligations.

GT: Shakesbeard

I love Worms. If there's talk of a Thumbs Worms session, I'm fucking in.

Sure, why not. It feels a bit weird not getting it for the PC, though. Are they even doing a PC version? I did get one of the PSP games, but I barely played it. To be fair, that's more to do with my life not really having a place for a PSP (and not much more of one for a DS) than a fault of the game.

They're doing a PC version (which I think is seriously some of the best gaming news I've heard in years), but it won't be out until around the end of the year. I'm waiting for that, and based on the video I think it's going to be FUCKIN' AMAZING.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT ARE THEY MAKING ANOTHER TWO-DIMENSIONAL WORMS GAME FOR THE PC AND I HAVEN'T HEARD ABOUT IT GOOGLE HERE I COME!

edit:

???

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=64566768063&topic=7694&post=18

We're planning on bringing a new title to PC via Steam later in the year, most likely based on the game we're developing for XBLA currently, which is a HD combo of the best bits of Armageddon and our recent 'Open Warfare 2' feature set. We'll update news on that later.

Based on Team17's hilarious history of shipping pretty much the same shit under a different name, I think it's safe to assume it will basically be the same game.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=64566768063&topic=7694&post=18

Based on Team17's hilarious history of shipping pretty much the same shit under a different name, I think it's safe to assume it will basically be the same game.

So which way is everyone leaning on this? Because honestly, if I knew I'd have people to play with on the pc I would totally pass on the 360 and wait. I'm only really getting it for the online multiplayer anyway...

I and the other old Mojo Worms players (bgbennyboy, Huz, Jake, LucasTones, scabb, Twilo) will almost certainly be getting the PC version. Been waiting for this fucker since we played Worms Armageddon until 5am every day. ;(

I'll be getting both versions. This is going to be awesome. Any info about what multiplayer will be like (max players, rankings, whatever)?

I think there are already versions out for both XBLA and PSN, only they suck.

Why does the version of Worms currently out on XBLA suck? It has all the classic weapons, and looks like that vid up there. It doesn't have very many weapons unfortunately.

They're doing a PC version (which I think is seriously some of the best gaming news I've heard in years), but it won't be out until around the end of the year. I'm waiting for that, and based on the video I think it's going to be FUCKIN' AMAZING.
I and the other old Mojo Worms players (bgbennyboy, Huz, Jake, LucasTones, scabb, Twilo) will almost certainly be getting the PC version. Been waiting for this fucker since we played Worms Armageddon until 5am every day. ;(

Haha god I can't wait. I can't wait to the point that I'll be buying the XBLA version, and then the PC release whenever it comes out. No worms until 2008, though.

OK, the prospect of a PC version is pretty exciting. I might actually get both. In theory it seems like it would make sense on XBLA, but it's Worms, so I kind of can't turn it down on PC.

I'll probably only play it enough to embarrass myself, though. I never seemed to get properly good. Then again, I did consistently beat my sister and a bunch of female non-game-playing cousins a few Christmases running. A veritable tour-de-force of skill and strategy, no less.

Why does the version of Worms currently out on XBLA suck? It has all the classic weapons, and looks like that vid up there. It doesn't have very many weapons unfortunately.

Uh, I'm basing this on my experience with the PS3 Worms, which I remember to be pretty bad.

I'll probably get the Steam version. I may also get the Live Arcade version, but my concern is that I wouldn't actually end up playing it enough in the long term to justify buying it. I guess I'll wait and see how many people I know get it.

If this is proper Armageddon, I'm totally in. Played the shit out of that game, and actually played a decent amount of the original XBLA release as well, but haven't touched it for a long time. Not to say I'm actually any good or anything, but I'm definitely excited about the prospect of a Thumb Worms XBLA session or two. Should be worth the 800MSP anyway.

I still remember when they took out half the weapons for the first xbla release, and claimed that removing features was an attempt to make it more strategic. :fart:

I'll probably still be buying it. :getmecoat

Edit: And why the hell was "A" fire and "B" jump when "A" is jump in every single platform game ever. I shot a bazooka at my feet so many times because of that design decision. :shifty:

OK, the prospect of a PC version is pretty exciting. I might actually get both. In theory it seems like it would make sense on XBLA, but it's Worms, so I kind of can't turn it down on PC.

I'll probably only play it enough to embarrass myself, though. I never seemed to get properly good. Then again, I did consistently beat my sister and a bunch of female non-game-playing cousins a few Christmases running. A veritable tour-de-force of skill and strategy, no less.

Don't worry, I've always been pretty bad myself (still had a ton of fun) and I'm sure we're not the only ones.

Well, if anyone buys the XBLA version we should start organizing some games, looks like I'll probably pick up the PC one when it comes out as well...