OssK

They're called *Video Games*

I wonder if there is even the need to distinguish between PC, Console, Computer, Video, Handheld, Arcade, Pinball, Board, etc and I should just go with 'games'? Not that I've played a boardgame for ages - probably chess and that always felt lacking something since Star Wars ("Let the wookie win"). Maybe because these games are played on a TV in the same way videos were and Computer games are displayed on a monitor? A contact in Japan would often get excited when I'd mention what I was playing, she'd say "I forget you play TV Games"...Hmmm, think I'll stick with video games, especially now my girlfriend corrects people too...I've created a monster.

Oh yeah, that's another reason I use "computer games" as a general term: it means I have something to refer to the pair (PC and console gaming) with.

I love the term "moving pictures." Also, I love when people refer to a movie as a "picture." I first heard that from my grandfather when I was a kid, and I thought it was simultaneously old and goofy, and awesome.

No love for "talkies?"