Sign in to follow this  
Shakesbeard

[PROTOTYPE] In Stores Today!

How does it shape up on PC? It seems to me like it'd be more at home on consoles, but I'd be more willing to pay PC prices.

How does it shape up on PC? It seems to me like it'd be more at home on consoles, but I'd be more willing to pay PC prices.

IT SUX BECUZ THE PC IS 4 NOOBS

GET A SWEETBOX 360!!!

Did they fix the bugs so that is playable?

IT SUX BECUZ THE PC IS 4 NOOBS

GET A SWEETBOX 360!!!

Somehow playing a game on the SWEATBOX 360 doesn't sound very appealing.

I'm playing it on PC and it runs fine. Using my wired 360 pad.

You don't have any sound issues at all?

e.g. proper volumes? no missing sounds like ambient sound? no stuttering during movies? 5.1 sound?

I've got cheap 2.1 sound, but everything seems fine. During the memory sequences the sound is a little louder than everything else, but other than that I haven't noticed anything wrong.

2-year-old-threadsurrection!

So this was $15 during the Steam sale. That meant that I decided to pick it up after all this time. I installed it but didn't start it right away. Then on Wednesday , I had a really shitty day (very high amount of stress lately [job and school related] finally hit tipping point when my oven element caught fire while I was making lunch, which I now have to fix) and needed to tear shit up. Started the game, and have had two 2-hour sittings with it so far. I gotta say, I'm having a lot of fun. It was really nice to have a concerned friend message me on Steam after hearing about shit I was able to respond with a big shit-eating grin on my face and the words "I just ate a helicopter."

The movement in this game feels great, and I think a big benefit of playing this game two years after release is that while the graphics were reportedly dated at the time, now it just looks like an old game, which it is, so I don't care. I enjoy consuming a civilian woman who is wearing very impractical shoes and then watching her run up the side of a building and fly for 5 blocks. I don't think I've actually watched a single cutscene so far, but I don't give a shit about what's going on. I simply tear up tonnes of people and military personnel, grab a tank, elbow-drop a helicopter, and fly away from the carnage as an old lady laughing maniacally. Great stress relief this.

I still probably wouldn't recommend it for the $30 that it is on Steam at regular price, but I'm happy I dropped the $15 on it and am having great fun.