Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Scribblenauts

I've been hearing about it for a while. I'm looking forward to testing just how extensive its lexicon is.

Looking forward to trying: guano, hermaphrodite, Allah, Zubaz, yiff, goatse, Krampus, Ronald Reagan, photon, stripper, ouija board, Rat Fink, abortion, Salvador Dali, ectoplasm, beatnik, and iron lung.

And with Paul Robertson involved, some of those might actually happen!

One of the developers posts on GAF and basically summed it up that they're going for an E or E10+ rating. So no Goatse, penis, et al.

Damn it, there goes my plan to knock down the tree using a shit piss cunt. Looks like I'll have to use the boxing gloves instead.

That's completely awesome idea! The library really seems quite large as well.

I wish this thing was released on Wii as well.

One of the developers posts on GAF and basically summed it up that they're going for an E or E10+ rating. So no Goatse, penis, et al.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Looks like now is the time for me to finally get a DS. I'd imagine there's some pretty decently priced Lites out there, given all this DSi hubbub, right?

Looks like now is the time for me to finally get a DS. I'd imagine there's some pretty decently priced Lites out there, given all this DSi hubbub, right?

Yeah, a bunch for about 90 CDN. That's a little less than half the price of a DSi.

Looking forward to Scribblenauts. I wonder if localization will alter the lexicon some ("toque" in Canada, "fag" in Britain).

Yeah, a bunch for about 90 CDN. That's a little less than half the price of a DSi.

Looking forward to Scribblenauts. I wonder if localization will alter the lexicon some ("toque" in Canada, "fag" in Britain).

"Announced today: Scribblenauts Canada! With 30% more chesterfields and poutine!"

Cool, despite the fact that Ashley's voice irritates me for reasons I can't pin down, I really like ALWW. I'll give it a read. Also, I second the poutine sentiment. For whatever reason, I haven't had any since moving to Calgary in 2000. I know so many people who've never had it. My friend's girlfriend is from Ottawa and we'll often wax nostalgic about great Eastern Canadian traditions such as these that have not made it this far west.

He definitely has a deliberate manner of speaking that was off-putting to me at first, but I've grown used to. It's like he's forcing himself to have a radio voice, but it doesn't come across as natural to me. Nonetheless, he's a smart dude, and his show is the only video game podcast outside of Idle Thumbs that I give a shit about.

Really? I find his voice amusing an pleasant. Perhaps it's a novelty to me.

He just has a very similar voice to many of the burnt-out hipsters I hate dealing with at work, I think. Doesn't mean he's not a very smart man, as his cast definitely shows, but his voice itself still bothers me. Speaks to the quality of the show that I'll still listen to it for over an hour at a time.

image0029.bmp

Of all the games I never expected to see translated into anything.

Well really when you think about it, nouns are the easiest thing to translate in any language. It's not as if they needed to learn how to speak fluently or conjugate a verb, you just feed your list of nouns into Babelfish and you're 95% finished right there.

But what of those remaining 5%??? Who will translate the five per cent?

A ghost did it

Then Cthulhu came along and they fought and weirdly the ghost won. Then somebody tried to conjure ghost-repellent, but that's not a thing.

He definitely has a deliberate manner of speaking that was off-putting to me at first, but I've grown used to. It's like he's forcing himself to have a radio voice, but it doesn't come across as natural to me. Nonetheless, he's a smart dude, and his show is the only video game podcast outside of Idle Thumbs that I give a shit about.

I adore ALWW, it's totally unique and I love Ashley's voice, the perfect stoner lilt.

It's soooo... coooool.

And Scribblenauts better be a good game as well as object generator, but I suppose it's pretty hard to fuck up level design that can be surmounted in pretty much any way imaginable.