Sign in to follow this  
toblix

GTA: The Ballad of Gay Tony

About 10 days now I think, just before the end of October..? :erm:

So I'll be a bit late to the party. I'll party as hard if not harder than all o' ya when I arrive though!

Stay tuned for an update featuring the new Race and GTA Race

WOO

Nachimir was in the middle of the process at one pont... How did you get on Mr. Nach?

Oops, missed this, sorry. I still have the HDD knocking around. The ballsed-up, non-standard SATA implementation on my motherboard means that I can't initialise the drive until I find someone with a SATA PC who's willing to let me open it up and monkey with stuff for an afternoon. :(:(:(

What I've heard from people I know who've done it is that they also ended up having to hex edit the boot sector or something to get it to actually work :(:(:(

It's on my to do list under "Things I'm dreading".

About 10 days now I think, just before the end of October..? :erm:

14 days from today.

Whoo! Hard Drive shipped! I may make day and date if customs isn't a bitch getting it here from the states.

There's plenty of questions about whether MS can tell all these different people are using the same code. I've heard pesky rumours about MS being able to detect such a thing, but more research is probably needed, as the amount of FUD that surrounds MS is ridiculous.

Nachimir was in the middle of the process at one pont... How did you get on Mr. Nach?

Oy. http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/10/16/unauthorized-xbox-360-storage-devices.aspx

They'd really sell a lot more DLC if they just made the hard drives affordable. :shifty:

It's so annoying. I feel like I oughtn't by a drive at these prices, even if money were no object. I don't want to endorse this nonsense.

Yay! Either way, the one I ordered comes from one of those official (non-Hong Kong) ebay stores, and claims to have an actual Microsoft warranty, so hopefully no worries at all. I got burned by one of those Hong Kong ebay stores a couple of years ago, and have been very careful since.

Cock :(

I can see how there might be hassle in connecting players up when they all have different DLC, but there are ways of handling it. For instance, Dawn of War had many expansions, and let players without them play against new races but not use them.

GTA IV should have an initial menu that lets you choose between the vanilla and the DLC, rather than just assuming you want the last save from the most recent DLC loaded. Between that, shoving some of the menus into a phone, and the unclear options in multiplayer, the menu design is almost obnoxiously bad.

Now I'm starting to hope they have some nefarious plan to release another DLC that's just all the GTA IV multiplayer stuff from all episodes merged with the vanilla stuff in an easy-to-access oh foreget it it's never going to happen.

Wait, what? Why do you now think the multiplayer is going to be awful? That link that you posted includes info on nitrous being added to every car in race AND GTA race, sticky bombs in deathmatch, and the aforementioned free mode additions. Not hugely different, but not really bad by any means. Why the sudden hate, 'blix? I thought you loved games!

Oh, I love games, but it seems to me this will be just like TLAD -- good for a night or two dicking around with the APC and new cars, and then... who's up for fire trucks or Mr. Tasty?

Wait, what?

Yeah, I'm not too interested in the single player (maybe eventually, just not when I have other things vying for my time), and if the multiplayer isn't going to grab the thumbs for a long time, I might just sit this one out.

who's up for fire trucks or Mr. Tasty?

That was the main problem, Miffy, having to switch in and out of standard GTA IV to get to some of our favorite bits.

Hold on, they're taking out Firetrucks and Mr. Tasty? No nitrous-ice-cream-van? Bullshit on that!

In TLAD, you could race the new vehicles and use the new weapons, but a lot of our favorite stuff was missing from multiplayer, e.g. fire trucks and ice cream vans. I expect it'll be exactly the same in this one.

In TLAD, you could race the new vehicles and use the new weapons, but a lot of our favorite stuff was missing from multiplayer, e.g. fire trucks and ice cream vans. I expect it'll be exactly the same in this one.

I know so little about multiplayer in GTA:IV. I need to join in with some Grand Thumb Auto.

Damn, that blows. I didn't know that.