n0wak

PixelJunk

I think that Q Games is quickly becoming one of my favourite Japanese game developers, closing in on the lofty high position of Q Entertainment :shifty: I haven't picked up PixelJunk Eden Encore yet (because I haven't beaten the proper game yet. Need. More. Time.) but damn am I already looking forward to their next game

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EbsMtEv2CE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EbsMtEv2CE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Reminds me of worms and some little program that simulated different materials, which was cool except that everything, including water and fire, was a collection of particles that looked like coloured sand or something.

Also, they're having a competition to name it.

Reminds me of worms and some little program that simulated different materials, which was cool except that everything, including water and fire, was a collection of particles that looked like coloured sand or something.

Also, they're having a competition to name it.

Falling sand?

That looks ace.

I've seen quite a few of these PixelJunk games knocking around on PSN, but I've always kind of ignored them for some reason. As of this video that is going to change.

That's the one. I spent way too long fiddling with that thing. I'm pretty sure that spiky ball thing is new, though.

I've seen quite a few of these PixelJunk games knocking around on PSN, but I've always kind of ignored them for some reason. As of this video that is going to change.

Each has appealed to me more than the last, but none enough for me to actually stick with it for long. Eden was aesthetically delightful, but I kind of tired of the gameplay, which is a shame because I always quite liked the ninja rope stuff in Worms. I guess I must just suck too much at games to properly enjoy it. Or I have an awful attention span.

That's the one. I spent way too long fiddling with that thing. I'm pretty sure that spiky ball thing is new, though.

yeah it was in the second version and onwards, I also spent too much time playing it in 6th form.

The game looks interesing though.

They are holding the naming contest, and I sent in PixelJunk: Terra.

Tomorrow the contest ends, hopefully I won.

I think that Q Games is quickly becoming one of my favourite Japanese game developers

I agree, I played so much PJ Monsters that Pixel Junk Logo burned in to the bottom of my screen.