Sign in to follow this  
Shakesbeard

Xbox Live Arcade Sweetness (MvC2, GH, Sonic)

So this is going to be fucking awesome.

:tup::tup:http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/gunstar-heroes/achievements/:tup::tup:

Oh man I love this shit

http://www.gamerbytes.com/2009/04/sonic_knuckles_xbla_bound_comp.php

Oh god yes (PS3 gets a demo tommorow!)

:gaming:http://www.marvel.com/news/vgstories.7770.Marvel_vs~dot~_Capcom_2_Returns_This_Summer:gaming:

Also Banjo Tooie comes out today, what are you guys looking forward to/playing these days?

I'm looking forward to Virtual On and Banjo Tooie, and should probably buy Outrun pretty soon too. I already have Gunstar Heroes on Wii, and Sonic and Knuckles on that GCN Disc from a while back, so both of those are playable on my current entertainment setup without worries. I also happen to think the Wii's classic controller is way better for those types of games, so using it in Gunstar is hugely preferable. Still, this summer, like last, is looking great for the XBLA. I'm glad somebody is bothering to release quality summertime gaming...

You forgot Space Invaders Extreme! Cause it's awesome and I'll gladly pay again for a console version.

It's kinda annoying that Sonic and Knuckles is coming out as a stand-alone download when it should have been on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection to begin with. I think they said there was no time to do that, which seems kind of... convenient now :shifty:

I already have Gunstar Heroes on Wii, and Sonic and Knuckles on that GCN Disc from a while back, so both of those are playable on my current entertainment setup without worries. I also happen to think the Wii's classic controller is way better for those types of games, so using it in Gunstar is hugely preferable.

Well hooraaaaaay for you!

No seriously I miss my Wii

Moving along, I've loved Virtual On since 2000 when I bought it day one for the Dreamcast, but I've only met like a couple other people who have ever played it, let alone liked it. :deranged:

I just didn't know there were other fans out there! Playing it with the 360 controller should be interesting.

I don't get it, you can already play these if you go out and buy the Mega Collection Plus on regular Xbox. It's backwards compatable and it'll set you back like 3 bucks. It's silly that article was complaining that they weren't on the Ultimate Genesis collection.

(And then to rub it in, as someone mentioned before, they are available on Gamecube, PS2, Sega Saturn, PC, and the original Genesis versions are very easy to find still.)

:(:(

Quit bein' a negative nancy. I saw the link, thought it was cool, and decided to start a thread where open discussion about new and old arcade titles would be welcome. I suppose it was a poor choice of games and my obvious omissions of things like Virtual On have stricken me with a scarlet letter of poor threadmaking shame.

Perhaps I should have tried to stimulate discussion more. How's this? Have you heard about 1 vs. 100 on Xbox Live? I'm not big on current game shows (Price is Right and Jeopardy 4eva) but wikipedia tells me that a question is posed to both the contestant (1) and the "mob" (100). If the contestant answers correctly, members of the mob that answered incorrectly are given the boot, and the value of the next question asked is increased. Play continues until the contestant answers incorrectly, at which point the remaining members of the mob split the money (or whatever prize we're talking about).

The Video game version of the show was supposed to come out with the NXE but I guess it's been bumped back to sometime in the spring.

The cool thing is that apparently there's going to be real prizes (along the lines of arcade games and MS points) while playing the weekly live shows and it's FREE.

Let's just hope there's group chat for all 101 players! :hah:

Quit bein' a negative nancy. I saw the link, thought it was cool, and decided to start a thread where open discussion about new and old arcade titles would be welcome. I suppose it was a poor choice of games and my obvious omissions of things like Virtual On have stricken me with a scarlet letter of poor threadmaking shame.

Calm down. I don't think anyone here has a problem with you, especially with your sweet Beardy avatar. I think we're just all responding to the news you posted, although each picking bits and pieces.

I just feel like the Mega Collection is as good as it's going to get. While it's lacking some of the historic extras Sonic Jam on Saturn had, it does contain full manual scans of every single game, a full array of codes for every game, the same multiple Sonic and Knuckles plug-in stuff, the ability to use save states, and extra unlockable games to boot. I'm just sick of seeing the original Genesis Sonic games remarketed and repackaged over and over. It might almost be as bad as Nintendo.

Just saying, it seems like Sega is marketing on the fact that people forget this collection was only released like 4 years ago and will still work with the 360. Or maybe it will come with a full array of achievements that people will eat up?

Calm down. I don't think anyone here has a problem with you, especially with your sweet Beardy avatar. I think we're just all responding to the news you posted, although each picking bits and pieces.

I just feel like the Mega Collection is as good as it's going to get. While it's lacking some of the historic extras Sonic Jam on Saturn had, it does contain full manual scans of every single game, a full array of codes for every game, the same multiple Sonic and Knuckles plug-in stuff, the ability to use save states, and extra unlockable games to boot. I'm just sick of seeing the original Genesis Sonic games remarketed and repackaged over and over. It might almost be as bad as Nintendo.

Just saying, it seems like Sega is marketing on the fact that people forget this collection was only released like 4 years ago and will still work with the 360. Or maybe it will come with a full array of achievements that people will eat up?

Haha yeah sorry, I guess that did come off as dickish, really it's just kinda the way I type...sarcasm wasn't the best choice (and sprinkling hyperbole everywhere doesn't help). Let me try that again.

Sweet, I didn't know the Mega Collection Plus is backwards compatible, I'll be picking up a copy asap. Thanks! The important question is, can original xbox games properly emulate BLAST PROCESSING?

At my secondary school we had this thing called Activities Week in which each day was spent going to art galleries and theme parks and museums and so on, and these activities would generally finish quite early, so every day after we'd finished we went to the local bowling alley and played Virtual On. We had a little tournament and despite not really knowing what I was doing I won. This was due in part to the fact that the one guy who was really into the game somehow managed to lose his first match, so I never had to play him. He played that pink woman-robot who could go into crazy gold woman-robot mode when she was nearly dead. I played some dude with a sword. Then some Asian guys who were older than us who seemed like knew their business, possibly because of some racial prejudice on my part, came over and challenged me, and I beat the guy with cheap circle-strafing nonsense. It was not noble, but I was still pleased with myself.

Well dammit. I was excited to see how MvC2 held up, so I downloaded the PS3 demo. Turns out it's a local multiplayer only demo. Fat lot of good that does me at 3:15 in the morning.

Well dammit. I was excited to see how MvC2 held up, so I downloaded the PS3 demo. Turns out it's a local multiplayer only demo. Fat lot of good that does me at 3:15 in the morning.

I think I heard somewhere that it uses the same netcode as SFII HDR so if you were wondering about functionality online I'm sure it's fine.

Nah, I tried going for the online options and it just gave me a splash screen saying some of the game's features...

Don't worry about that, if it was the demo then the developers probably just took the same laws applied to the X360 version (unless you are a HD remix game called Street fighter then no online options on a demo) and the full version will have it enabled, surely?

Also, MvsC2... Looked really nice but played cheaply. Don't get me wrong I liked it for the fan service it was but in terms of gameplay it lacked the depth of other fighters. Expect to see a lot of skilled Magneto players raping you through a hole.

Calm down. I don't think anyone here has a problem with you, especially with your sweet Beardy avatar.

Please don't ever change your avatar (I really hope that's an actual photo) :tup:

Please don't ever change your avatar (I really hope that's an actual photo) :tup:

Oh it most definitely is

http://www.worldbeardchampionships.com/

Anyways, is anyone planning on picking up Space Invaders Extreme? I bought it for the psp and really enjoyed it but I'm looking forward to playing it on a big tv and listening to Justice or Danger or some crazy electronic music through custom soundtracks. (also woop woop Jeff Minter Space Giraffey backgrounds!)

Anyways, is anyone planning on picking up Space Invaders Extreme? I bought it for the psp and really enjoyed it but I'm looking forward to playing it on a big tv and listening to Justice or Danger or some crazy electronic music through custom soundtracks. (also woop woop Jeff Minter Space Giraffey backgrounds!)

I bought it and it's great. Pretty much the same thing I played on the PSP, but still great. Glad to see that some of my skills are transferable; I'm in the top 250 on the leaderboards! And my games weren't even all that good. Haven't tried any of the multiplayer (or co-op) stuff yet.