Sign in to follow this  
James

Buying or building a PC

I *think* I have reached final round of choosing a new case.

I was going for the around 100 euro range so cases like Silverstone Fortress are out of my selection.

First up is Lian Li PC-7F for 120 euros. Midtower case.

Second is Thermaltake V9 Black edition for 100 euros. Also a Midtower case.

Third is Thermaltake Shark for 100 euros. This one seems to be a full tower case.

I'm trying to find some case reviews concerning these so I could know the plus and minus sides of these cases. Any ideas?

hijack

Got my new rig running today, and it is a beast

Intel Core i5 2.66GHz Quad

Nvidia GTX 470

4GB RAM

1TB Hard drive

650W PSU

It sucked because my initial power supply, a 550W was DOA, but I just went out and bought a new one today and will send the bad one back to Newegg (though fuck them if they expect me to pay a restocking fee AND shipping, I will be calling on Tuesday about that).

Just played BFBC2 on all highest settings, it was amazing. I've never really played on anywhere close to this high end of a PC before, it's such a leap from my laptop.

Sorry if I'm derailing some ongoing conversation. I am currently in the process of buying a new graphics card. I have two 9800GTXs in SLi at the moment. So far I have it narrowed down to the GTX 460. It's in my budget and seems like the proper incremental upgrade from my existing cards.

I've not been a fan of ATI but I am open to other suggestions.

EDIT: While we're at it, I am also looking to upgrade my RAM. I have 2gb DDR3 clocked at 1600mhz cas 7 timings. I would love to get a pair of those same ones again, but they don't seem to manufacture them anymore. I have looked for 4gb packs but nothing out there has cas 7 timings. Any advice would be really appreciated.

Edited by Scratch

Sorry if I'm derailing some ongoing conversation. I am currently in the process of buying a new graphics card. I have two 9800GTXs in SLi at the moment. So far I have it narrowed down to the GTX 460. It's in my budget and seems like the proper incremental upgrade from my existing cards.

I've not been a fan of ATI but I am open to other suggestions.

Either the 460 or the ATI 5850.