Tanukitsune

Let's play Castle Crashers!

Heh, yeah I found this out after doing some checking on the interwebs, however I think they failed at making this clear especially since he switched to the pitchfork early on...

that's a bug apparently.... well people seem to think it is, you can use that to let the knights equip the gun :)

This is awesome :) We've frittered away about eight hours on two player today.

Any tips on taking on the bigger standard guys in single player? (I'm at the bit just after you chase the guy on the camel and get the zebra familiar). I'm finding the bosses fine, but the big dudes who only drop standard pickups have a nasty habit of interrupting attacks and throwing me around. They seem pretty difficult without a second player to decoy them.

Also, is it me or is the magic a bit weeny? I was hoping it'd be like the dragons and stuff in Golden axe, but it just seems to be extra melee and ranged attacks that aren't particularly good.

I was a little disappointed with the magic at first but it gets better. The higher level you are, the more magic attacks you have. So you end up with RT+Y, RT+B, RT+Jump and magic imbued on the end of some combos.

I would agree that melee seems a bit stronger though.

Freezing enemies as Ice was pretty useful later on and it looks like the others are just as useful for their secondary effect.

Freezing enemies as Ice was pretty useful later on and it looks like the others are just as useful for their secondary effect.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I'm playing as the red knight and wouldn't have been able to do the Thieve's arena without the RT+Jump lightning balls.

Thieve's Arena was a bitch. Used a lot of RT+B saved my ass in there as Blue Knight. Freezing everyone allowed me to get through it with one potion left. Hate those fucking archers.

Also, the volcano level playing as the Ice powered guy meant at least half my life gone per hit. I didn't realize elemental stuff played into that...

Yeah. A bitch. Levels with lots of thieves get annoying really fast.

We finished normal and are now 1/3 of the way through insane. Got all the orbs, as well as all the weapons we can find so far, and each have a knight above level 80*. The arrows are like a machine gun with dexterity all the way up :)

we did something naughty to get the knights this high. You get more exp for doing lots of small hits to an enemy, rather than killing them fast with a few big attacks. If you have the boomerang, which does 1 damage per hit, then when fighting the giant bat you can just head to the top left, charge your boomerang, let it go just before the bat comes level with you, then block. The bat's tongue can't hit you through your shield, and the boomerang is stuck behind it doing 1 damage over and over until it's dead. Repeat as many times as you like

Even with everything up, the insane mode is a massive button mashing fest. Strategy tends to consist of picking the right button to mash in advance, except on some of the bosses. The troll just before the woodmill was an absolute nightmare.

I bought it today and played it for a bit. I can see how this can be hilarious and awesome when played with other people.