Sign in to follow this  
BooJaka

Big Fat Recommendation

My exams are almost over and I'm bored out of my mind so I feel it's only right to start the summer by staying indoors and buying myself a game for the Wii. Problem is though, the amount of Wii titles out there seem to have increased 100-fold since last time I actually went shopping for a game. Thusly, if you were I, what game would you spend your ever-dwindling student loan on?

I already own GH3, Mario Kart, RE4, Galaxy, Paper Mario, Zelda and Zack and Wiki so what would look good on my meticulously alphabetised shelf next to them?

LostWinds is great, though you can't put it on a shelf. It's cheap, short and very sweet.

Metroid Prime Corruption is rather good. Also, Smash Brothers Brawl.

SiN

I've been kind of thinking about Metroid for a while. I liked the first one but never completed it (the last boss was too hard for me...). Brawl's not out over here yet so that's a no.

As for LostWinds I've always been a bit wary about buying stuff that isn't physical. I don't know why, I guess I just like the option of returning things or selling them on.

Have a look at Boom Blox. The folks at work who have it say it's pretty cool.

Yes. Seriously. If you aren't anal about the obviously "meant for the family" aspects of the graphics then you will have a lot of fun with this.

I'm gearing up to badger my brother-in-law in to buying Boom Blox for his recently-purchased Wii, once he's back from his training course.

I've not heard a bad thing about it. :yep:

Just to put you all out of your suspense I decided to buy No More Heroes today since it was £20 in Game. I'm curious though, how come no one recommended it?

NMH is good ... ish. Style-wise, it's awesome. Gameplay even, is pretty awesome for a while. But after a while, it all gets very mind-numbingly difficult, tedious and flat-out dull. Still, it's great while it lasts. And the story and dialog are surprisingly fun.

NHM is definitely a game that needs to be experienced, so I'd say that's a good purchase.

SiN

Also, I wasn't here to recommend it. Would have been my pick, right after Metroid. Seriously, get that one some time.