ThunderPeel2001

Where is everybody?

Ginger is really Fat Rab from Consolevania in disguise, isn't he..?

In other news: I may well be visiting your fine city, i.e. London, for a web app development conference on the 15th and 16th of September. :yep:

In other news: I may well be visiting your fine city, i.e. London, for a web app development conference on the 15th and 16th of September. :yep:

I like web apps and conferences so I'm curious what this conference is?

Ginger is really Fat Rab from Consolevania in disguise, isn't he..?

Are u saying I'm fat :(

Then we should all have a meet up!

Yes.

Are u saying I'm fat :(

No. It was the whole "hairy bloke dancing around like a loon" thing that made me think of the venerable Mr Florence.

Hurrah!

How did it go? Are there any pictures?

Sadly, due to lack of finances I had to retreat into the dark regions of Cheltenham a few days ago and was unable to attend. Am now in the process of trying to look for a job involving game testing or off-liscensing work.

Regarding the pub quiz, I think we were severely out-nerded on a lot of knowledge questions involving exact release years of ancient arcade games and such, but we did well on most general questions. There was also a music / sound fx round that we did pretty well in. (Guess what the sound clip is from.)

There was a drawing round in which we had to draw a screenshot from a fictional game about Gordon Brown. Fortunately we had John G and Rusalka on the team, and a lot of good ideas, so we totally pwned it up. It had an epic Gordon Brown with a suitcase with money and a huge gun, facing an angry mob carrying signs. The judges gave us 6 out of 5 points which was quite encouraging. But then we learned another group had gotten 8 of out 5 points for something completely shitty, and realized that the judges are full of shit.

We also totally pwned the plasticine round, but were given a far too low score for that as well. Yeah.

I believe Spaff has photos.

So in the end Eurogamer won. And we weren't even amongst the top 5.

That said our effort was sabotaged by DanJW claiming that the female character in Mario's first game was called "Rachel", various people claiming the PS3 had a lower carbon footprint than a Nintendo Wii, and me saying the national anthem that EA recently got wrong in a game was Serbia instead of Northern Ireland (lolz). :shifty:

So in the end Eurogamer won. And we weren't even amongst the top 5.

:tdown: RIGGED :tdown:

various people claiming the PS3 had a lower carbon footprint than a Nintendo Wii

Isn't that true ?

Anyway, photos would be awesome : I would actually pay (a little) to get a photo of the IT team drawing a screenshot of a game with Grodon 'Berserker' Brown

The judges gave us 6 out of 5 points which was quite encouraging. But then we learned another group had gotten 8 of out 5 points for something completely shitty

The same thing happened to us (Rare/Pixel-Lab) in the plasticine round, that fucking wooden spoon trumped us all. We didn't have an artist on the team for the screenshot round, so someone drew an FPS perspective shot of Gordon Brown approaching No. 10 - putting the Monkey Island UI on the bottom with options like "Tax", "Ignore" and "Revoke freedoms" seemed to get us big points for it though.

It's all politics ;)