Scrobbs

TF2 Announcements!

Am I missing something or does the 'Blutsaugher' not just sound like the ordinary syringe gun? :confused:

Maybe - I read it as the new syringe gun increases your health when it hits, rather that merely damaging the enemy, albeit with no crit chances.

You get health back from the damage it deals, I don't play TF2 much but I don't believe the syringe gun does that...

Ah right, I didn't interpret "will draw health from" in that way. I thought it just drew it out of them, as when you'd say you draw blood from someone. :getmecoat

Is it just me, or does Medic achievement number 36 sound more flimsy than the other 35. I could see it taking a long time to get (with zero skill involved) and be eventually impossible (if the rest of the world magically manages to get all possible achievements). Somehow, just the idea that it could potentially become impossible and outdated makes me uncomfortable.

I suppose the idea is you organise yourselves so you both specifically aim to get the achievements simultaneously. It shouldn't be difficult to just ask in team chat "Anyone want to go for an achievement?" or something.

Yes!

Thank you. I went looking for more of these a couple of days ago, the plan is for all classes to have one, yes?

Finally! I've been waiting ages for the next one. Shame that it's a bit short.

That is what I thought too. But it's just as long as the other movies. They all clock in at around 1:35

And not very good either, if you ask me. Probably mostly because I don't like scout at all as a character.

I wonder who's going to be next.

Seemed to end rather abruptly.

As for this update to TF2, I look forward to the new game mode but I have my reservations about unlockable weapons (particularly as I have none of the achievements necessary :D).

The cinematic quality is excellent as usual, but the Scout generally pisses me off and always has so I found it hard to warm to the video in the same way I have the others. I actually felt sorry for the poor Heavy — possibly the intention!

Valve clearly tried to make him the most unlikeable cunt in the game, which I'd say they did a remarkably good job of.

Yeah the scout can be incredibly fun at times. It was clearly a class designed for old school quake players, where your twitch skills mean the difference between total victory or death.

I certainly never imagined him to be as much of an arsehole as he is in the video. Although the bit where he interupts the heavie's lunch made me laugh.

I think they should have released the weapon pack separately. The map mode is fun and new, and ingenious but the map itself feels too familiar, same textures, design ethos (etc). Nothing new or exciting about the style of the map. I was hoping they'd have done something slightly more adventurous, so I was disappointed at first, expecting something more eye catching given the pedigree.

Still, grateful for the update, and am looking forward to the point where playing medic is no longer on everyone's lists of priorities. I can only wonder how unbalancing releasing the other weapon packs individually will be - it's just too tempting not to use the class that's been tweaked :erm:

They should have waited with the medic achievements until they had them ready for all classes. Now all you see is medics running around being hardly useful. Still, goldrush is a fun map tho :)

3 at a time would have been best. 1 Defensive, 1 Offensive and 1 Support.

If they were all at the same time, I don't think things would change around enough. If you have one from each group in three waves then at least you have some team balance with people playing certain classes less.

Or something.

It's interesting though: The new twist that medic-fanaticism is bringing to the game. I'm used to matches with maybe one, rarely two medics. Now with literally 5 medics to a team, I actually think the game has in some ways become even more interesting. I always enjoyed the healer/healee dynamic before, and with a 1:1 ratio of medics to combat classes, the offensive/defensive pushes are much more exaggerated and (in my opinion) fun. There are less deadlocks because entire teams will literally be uberred at one time.