Sign in to follow this  
Tommy Gun

Project: Snowblind - Rabbit Run video, intro vid, and a review

projectsnowblind125.jpg

[Note: my site is on a new server now, so I swear the links will work!]

I just put up a Rabbit Run showing one of the battles in the game, using as many weapons as I could. You can watch the embedded YouTube version on my site, and read the run notes, but I highly recommend downloading the hi-res divx version (37MB) if possible. The video is only 3 minutes long, and has a totally unnecessary PiP view of the controller as I'm playing, for reasons explained on the page.

I also put up the intro of the game, with some of the gameplay. I like it, because the game begins with your death.

While I was at it, I wrote a quick review of the game. Even quicker review: inexpensive, fun, short, easy.

Never really heard of this one. The videos inform me it's pretty much a standard fps, but your reviews says I'm wrong. It doesn't really have that Deus Ex vibe, wouldn't you agree?

It is fairly standard, but the big thing is all the different weapons and powers you can use (as evident in the rabbit run vid).

No, it really doesn't feel like Deus Ex. It's very linear and "normal" in that sense.

I only played the demo, but I picked up on the Deus Ex "vibe". The gameplay was obviously completely different, but the aesthetic and the feel and design of the technology was all very reminiscent of Deus Ex. and I think it could have passed for a sequel. (I have a bad history of making rash judgments like this after 15 minutes of demo gameplay. :grin: )

Apparently they changed the name after Invisible War, but man, this game went under the radar. I don't see how it could have hurt to keep Deus Ex in the name. I know I would have bought it. :mock: