Sign in to follow this  
syntheticgerbil

Tingle's Balloon Fight

Did anyone import this game for the DS?

I received my game in the mail from an Ebay seller who does not speak very good English and I am also the same with Japanese. But the game came with a lot of it completed with the Tingle galleries mostly unlocked and I just want to clear the save data and start on clean slate but I have no clue how to do this nor can I find anywhere on the internet that tells me how.

I've tried finding something in the manual but I can't read most of it except the parts that it bursts into English. Mostly this is during parts telling me not to copy the game. Not helpful either way.

Any ideas anyone? Is there maybe a sequence of buttons you press in other DS games that clear saved games? Maybe there is a way I can open the cart and take out the battery? Do DS games even use battery backup at this point or is that ancient stuff now?

I don't know if there is a standard combo, but some DS games let you hold the L+R buttons and the four face buttons while starting up to do this, I believe. I don't have my DS in front of me (for shame!) so I can't verify that my memory is correct in this case.

...and obviously I've not imported this specific title.

Holy geez man, I'm a little late to see your message but it worked!

A message comes up in Japanese and I get some decision which must be a Japanese yes or no and then saves are cleared!

You are a friend indeed.

Is there a way to do it on the GB color, do you know? I had the old Mario game and although I completed all the levels and got all the awards, it never actually unlocked everything it was supposed to. Apparently it was a known bug and the only solution was to start over... except I never knew how. I even considered the magnet idea at one point... but I had no idea what would happen.

I probably won't bother to try now admittedly, but I did wonder about it. It'd be nice to know if there is a way.

No there's a way to erase that one with a button code also. This is Super Mario Bros. Deluxe right?

I think you press A+select at the level select screen for the main game but I could be wrong. I'm not at home right now but I can check the manual for you when I get home.

Wow, that's great! I can't believe you knew that off the top of your head! Did you experience the same bug where your medals didn't appear inthe photo album even though you'd completed every challenge?

Just wiped the cart recently myself as I was kinda bored and found it on my desk. Started over. I can confirm that syntheticgerbil's trick works with it.

Nah, I didn't have any bugs, just the same problem as the Tingle game where I bought it from Ebay and I didn't have a clue how to erase the saved information.