Sign in to follow this  
Erkki

A nice glitch at GameSpot

If you remember an older thread I posted about a month ago, I decided to try GameSpot Complete for a month. I just gave it up though, because although I liked the benefits, I decided that at the moment it isn't worth the money for me.

Actually unsubscribing didn't go without problems, it seems. I used a form on their website, but received no reaction (or the reaction got accidentally deleted among spam). Then a day later I received an e-mail that they couldn't charge my credit card (I actually used a virtual debit card that acts as a credit card) and I didn't respond. Now today I finally am not a gamespot complete member any more.

But the glitch I'm talking about is that I still have the Ice skin :D (that is supposedly for Complete members only), can still download from their FTP etc. I hope I don't accidentally click the "ice off" or "log out" buttons. I fear the benefits might disappear if I don't stay logged in.

Or maybe it's their policy that I can still use these things for a few days or something?

EDIT

Hmm... actually now it shows again that I'm a GameSpot Complete member. I swear, for a moment it was "GameSpot Basic"

Maybe it was all just a dream, like in s1e12 of Sopranos.

I was a member for only a month and I can still view exclusive complete videos.

I also somehow got signed up for a free trial of MCV and still get it to this day (like a year later) with only some occasional gaps of 2 or-so issues.

I'm not complaining.

Maybe it was all just a dream, like in s1e12 of Sopranos.

Is that 'Isabella'? That one is a winner. WINNER! Also, I await Series 5 with baited breath.

Back on topic now.

I await Series 5 with baited breath.

You know it's a year and a half off, right?

But back on topic, as the man-dog said.

Um you guys are checking your credit cared statements to make sure you're not still being billed, right? Often these features only appear to "magically" stay on, while in fact you're just being silently billed for it due to not fully cancelling your account...

Um you guys are checking your credit cared statements to make sure you're not still being billed, right? Often these features only appear to "magically" stay on, while in fact you're just being silently billed for it due to not fully cancelling your account...

They can't bill my virtual debit card. I set a limit to it for exactly the amount I needed to buy Gish and subscribe to GameSpot.

However, I do find it strange that they showed no interest of stopping *trying to bill the card* even though I used their web-site form to inform them that I want to cancel my subsription.

I've received two notices about this, the last one:

You are about to lose your membership to GameSpot Complete! Since our last message to you, we have been unable to successfully renew your subscription. Unfortunately, our attempts to renew your credit card have been returned invalid."

So I guess they did intentionally give a grace period. And I've already not been able to download from their FTP for a few days.