BigJKO

Sonic in Smash Bros. Brawl

Wow... I really wasn't expecting this.

Don't much care for Sonic, always thought the 3D Sonic looked ugly, but this is still a big announcement. And I don't mind having Sonic in the line-up. More variety FTW.

I have never considered Sonic to be a very interesting character. Hearing him speak only made it worse.

This character, on the other hand...

Yes, the voice-acting is horrible.

Hope they don't make too big a deal out of Sonic in any of the single-player cutscenes.

Ugh. The attitude. :shifty:

On a lighter note, I can't wait for little kids online to spin dash right off of the level.

I think it's cute, as he is an iconic Video game character (and a bitter rival at that), but I have to agree with Nappi here; the hedgehog has precious little personality or weight. What I don't understand is why? How is it that Mario for example seems to be such a fuller character? :erm:

Yes, the voice-acting is horrible.

Hope they don't make too big a deal out of Sonic in any of the single-player cutscenes.

Yes, because when I think of Smash Bros., I think of long dialogue-laden cutscenes that feature lots of voice acting...

You obviously didn't see the update with Solid Snake's radio communication..

I think it's cute, as he is an iconic Video game character (and a bitter rival at that), but I have to agree with Nappi here; the hedgehog has precious little personality or weight. What I don't understand is why? How is it that Mario for example seems to be such a fuller character? :erm:

I think it, at least partially, has to do with Sonic being too cool (and fast). To me he seems like a guy who, after each level is all: "Did you see that? Wasn't that awesome? Thumbs up for me!" It's hard to consider him as an underdog, even though he sales-wise is just that.

Mario, on the other hand, is just an ordinary, slightly overweight Italian plumber (or down-right retard in Super Paper Mario's case) who doesn't really have any super powers apart from being able to eat (most) poisonous mushrooms and herbs. After completing a level you can probably hear him say: "I can't believe that worked. I just.. I just jumped over them like in every other level so far."

Although first Mario games didn't tell you too much about the mustached friend you were supposed to control, being able to relate to or, at least, feel pity for him made it much easier to fill in the caps and imagine what kind of character he might be. Sonic, to me, is just too cool (and slightly douche bag-ish) for me to care. I don't even want to get to know with him.

At least, this is how I feel about it.

I still consider Sonic to be a mute, cute hedgehog foremost. The more human they try to make him the more of a douchebag he becomes. But as an only slightly anthropormorphised animal he is much more likeable.

I've never even considered Mario haveing a real personality or anything to say. He's the quintessential "sprite" to me, merely a representation of your position in the game world.

What's wrong with you people. Sonic is completely FTW. I will agree that the 3D version doesn't look quite as good as previous incarnations and also that the voice acting is simply depressing. As for the character... awesome. :tup:

Forget about Sonic, there's hands-on articles up on IGN and various other places I can't be arsed to link to.

And then there's these OMG-I-WANT-IT-NOW-tastic videos over at GameVideos. Advance Wars sprites attack, and intro animations are back from Super Smash Bros. on the N64. And the environments look awesome.

According to the articles the Wiimote-only control scheme rocks.

I want this now.