Sign in to follow this  
Roderick

GamesTM

...is a magazine I will now never buy again. While flipping through it I happened upon a small news article about the horrifying ZOMG RE5 is teh racism!1 and what that black woman was uninformedly screaming on that site, and then they sided with HER. Now, I don't mind that, though I find it a trifle strange because I thought GamesTM was supposed to be so lovey-dovey with games, but what the hell.

What I do mind is the incredibly insulting stance they took on the issue. If you weren't in the "it's racism" camp, you were either

a.) an immature teenager

b.) a mature person who just didn't look into the matter deep enough

with undertones of being a cultural buffoon who didn't understand the precarious social forces at work.

I'm sorry, GamesTM, but you have lost your street credibility. Not only are you wrong on the subject, you are unmasked as a demeaning, patronizing conservatist, an apologist who buckles under the (imagined?) outrage of the black community which is simply too apt to see racism everywhere.

Games TM is an awful mag anyway. It's a clumsily written, badly edited Edge-wannabe.

It had an article about Façade this month, bit behind the times isnt it? ¬¬

I didnt actually read said article though